Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Looking at all the love there that's sleeping

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen View Post
    Thanks for the link! My SO and I are trying our darnedest to eat vegan but we keep stumbling. Next thing on our list is to buy a food processor since so many of the recipes call for one (BTW - I tried a blender instead and it wasn't pretty ).
    That's good to know, Queen. I don't have a food processor, either (well, we have this ancient screech-y thing called an "Oscar" - I think - that might be one, but I dread pulling it out of the pantry. It's awful.), and was plotting to pull out the blender - which is also awful in its own right.

RE: Flan, Janice - it's just the Goya box brand...available at any Giant or Safeway (maybe Whole Foods, I don't know). Goya is the same company that makes beans and other Greek or Mediterranean (sp?) foods. It's probably in the "ethnic" section of the store where the pudding/pie filling boxes would be. My vegan friend served it at a recent party of hers, and it was quite a hit - partially for the "You're serving flan?" "But it's vegan! No eggs!" aspect, and also cuz it was good!
    2007 Seven ID8 - Bontrager InForm
    2003 Klein Palomino - Terry Firefly (?)
    2010 Seven Cafe Racer - Bontrager InForm
    2008 Cervelo P2C - Adamo Prologue Saddle

I might be too late but did you see the posting for "African Sweet Potato Stew"?
    It was super delicious and vegan. Yum!
    .......__o
    .......\<,
    ....( )/ ( )...

Since I'm home for a snow day, I just made a chickpea/onion/broccoli/carrot casserole...it smells amazing!

Electra Townie 7D