Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

can ya'll keep that down there? i can't afford to get sick. i have surgery next week. gotta be healthy.

though this is one good thing about living in the middle of no where. mostly this stuff stays away.
    "Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it." – William C. Durant

I click here to help detect breast cancer.

I click here to help feed animals in need.

I play this game to help feed people in need.

I am having trouble loading the entire page of full posts, so excuse me if I am repeating something from the previous page.

STAY AWAY from dairy (and this includes cottage cheese).
    When you have had a gut upset - diarrhea or vomiting - the "good bugs" in your gut have to repopulate themselves. If you have dairy (milk, cheese, butter, yoghurt etc) you can set this repopulation back significantly and even trigger more d or v.

After 24 hours or so you could start having a small ammount of live culture yoghurt - the ones the have biofidus and acidophulus - these are what your gut needs. You can also get acidophilus tablets.

Clear food is good advice, and then "plain" food includes dry bread/toast and crackers. Avoid fruit like kiwifruit and oranges as they are good for constipation and may not be particulalrly useful.

Trust you are well on the way to recovery now though

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying,
    "I will try again tomorrow".

Rice works really well to bulk your stools back up if you've been having diarrhea. I like to overcook it into an almost soupy consistency, and maybe add a little sugar and salt to it. It's almost like a dairy-free rice pudding.

NOW I AM BEING A NIGHTMARE!ive to jack my bike hrs up in feb so aim to do 18 this week,means i train regardless,and oddly even though its pouring out of me like soup i feel fine,so am eating well,inc dairy,BUT i now think if i cut that out and rested a day i might get on top of it,yes,on the way to get some acidophilis tablets.i thought dairy would be ok,also im vvvvvvvvv into dairy for my bones,but realistically a couple of days without wont shorten my lifespan.making sure i boil water before i drink it etc etc.

it could be worse,i could be a bird and have bird flu,at the moment they are destroying turkeys in some parts of GB due to this.is it in the USA???
    who is driving your bus?