Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Utah, Gateway to Nevada, not to be confused with Idaho

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by jobob View Post
    I'll survive without.
    No need to. Apparently Rod is coming equipped with plenty on NON-3.2 beer , just for after the ride. I'm wondering how my head will react to real beer, at near sea level, after riding all day. Should be interesting.

BTW, it sounds like I will hitch a ride with Rod Friday afternoon, so we'll need to plan a Friday evening dinner that extends long enough to pull in SK and Bubba when they make their fashionably late arrival in Santa Rosa.

Someplace with a bar? No, I have no plans to repeat the-night-before-cinderella dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by snapdragen View Post
    Someplace with a bar? No, I have no plans to repeat the-night-before-cinderella dinner.
    heeheeheeheehee

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

Quote Originally Posted by jobob View Post
    heeheeheeheehee
    Hey, I heard that!

All of you doing the 200K are in for a treat this year. I just rode over Coleman Valley and it is gorgeous right now. Lush & green, lot of wildflower and happy cows. Hopefully the weather will be as nice next weekend!

If there's a gathering Friday night let me know. I'll be done with registration at 9. There's a great brew pub (good beer, good pizza) in Santa Rosa too.
    "Bicycling is a big part of the future. It has to be. There's something wrong with a society that drives a car to workout in a gym." -- Bill Nye

Quote Originally Posted by Deanna View Post
    There's a great brew pub (good beer, good pizza) in Santa Rosa too.
    My friend, you said the magic words !

Quote Originally Posted by Deanna View Post
    All of you doing the 200K are in for a treat this year. I just rode over Coleman Valley and it is gorgeous right now. Lush & green, lot of wildflower and happy cows. Hopefully the weather will be as nice next weekend
    Gaaah, bummer, this head cold set me back some and I really won't be up to a 200K next weekend.

Deanna, is there a way to follow the 200K route, but then divert off the route after Coleman Valley in a way to get in less than 100 miles - preferably closer to 60 or 70 ?

Yes, there are two options. One is to stay on 116/River Road after turning off of Hwy 1. This will be flat and will take you directly to the the start/finish. A better route will take you by the Wohler Bridge rest stop. I can show you on a map Friday evening or Saturday AM. I'll also try to scan a map of the route and PM it to you next week.
    "Bicycling is a big part of the future. It has to be. There's something wrong with a society that drives a car to workout in a gym." -- Bill Nye

Deanna, that would be great !

My email is jrp22 (at) pacbell . net

Thanks, - Jo.

Quote Originally Posted by yellow View Post
    BTW, it sounds like I will hitch a ride with Rod Friday afternoon, so we'll need to plan a Friday evening dinner that extends long enough to pull in SK and Bubba when they make their fashionably late arrival in Santa Rosa.
    Hey, don't leave me out of the plans! Sue F is picking up Bubba on her way over Friday eve. I have no idea about Cyndi as she is in Hawaii right now, but I'm footloose and fancy free all day Friday. As far as I know Cyndi's choices are 1) to go when we go, 2) go with SueF and Bill in the evening or 3) drive herself.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

Gawd, after DMD, I'm ready for the bunny ride. Or the dog parade. I'm sure I'll feel better by Saturday, but I am mentally canceling or shortening ride plans right and left...
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

You ain't the only one.

One good thing at the SLO Wildflower. I got to meet tprevost over a Cosmo served in pint size Ball jelly jar. I did NOT slide under the table.

Quote Originally Posted by SadieKate View Post
    You ain't the only one.

One good thing at the SLO Wildflower. I got to meet tprevost over a Cosmo served in pint size Ball jelly jar. I did NOT slide under the table.
    Is that what that drink was???? (I'm so clueless, I woulda been under the table for sure after the first glass!) Did you finish all of the jar?

A Cosmo served in a pint-size jelly jar? Damn, you guys have all the fun!

Just about. I did it for jobob since she couldn't make it.

It was the Absolut Citron Cosmo special for the night. Tad sweet with the grenadine or whatever the red coloring was but after the ice started to melt it wasn't so syrupy. Actually, I think it helped settle my stomach.

Thank goodness Bubba sacrificed himself and saved me from the marachino cherry. Ewwww.