Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Yes, completely closed. The email went out this morning that it's the earliest we ever reached our size limit.
    "Bicycling is a big part of the future. It has to be. There's something wrong with a society that drives a car to workout in a gym." -- Bill Nye

Utah, Gateway to Nevada, not to be confused with Idaho
    Bump.

OK, who is signed up for what?

Since I haven't been riding much, I'm thinking I'll probably do SK's modified route or the 100 k or something other than the 200k. I seriously doubt I could make the whole 200k, even if I quit running right now and do nothing but ride between now and May 5. Here's the longest ride I've done to date, completed today (I don't know if you have to be registered at MotionBased to see the link or not. Also, I obviously don't have my HR zones programmed correctly...I think I should be dead if I was actually in Zone 4 for that long). Those jokesters at the bike shop told me I had a 27 in the back (this is a new bike, for those of you that don't know) and when I got home I looked closely...it's a *%$@*^$ 25, not a 27. Between that and running (9.4 miles) yesterday, my legs are beat.

I am definitely getting a 27 for the ride. Maybe even something bigger if we can do it with the RD that I have.

I'm looking forward to the road trip and to seeing everyone (and meeting new people)!

I'm signed up for the 200K but depending on how it goes, I might opt for the bailout, which I gather would make it a century. Or, if I'm going so slow that they boot my sorry butt onto the century course at the Alexander Valley/Dutcher Creek turnoff...

Lee's still getting over the lung crud thing he has going so he might do the metric instead.

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

Jobob, you are completely compable of making the Dutcher Creek turnoff. Period. Kwicher sandbagging.

Yellow, I'm hanging with you whatever you want to do. Lower elevation may help a bit (though not the tookas). The first half of the 200k is the must do part. Besides, there will be more bons-bons for the early finishers.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

//in singsong voice

I'm doing the bunny ride!

//end singsong voice

Utah, Gateway to Nevada, not to be confused with Idaho
    Quote Originally Posted by snapdragen View Post
    //in singsong voice

I'm doing the bunny ride!

//end singsong voice
    WTF is the "bunny ride"???

SK, I for sure want to start out on the 200k route. Who knows. Maybe the new liquid iron supplement I'm taking will make me superwoman and I'll want to do the whole 200k.

Good news: I went by the bike shop today and gave them he** about my cassette. They claimed they never told me there was a 27 back there cuz Campy don't make no Veloce 12-27...a 12-26 or a 13-29. So on Wednesday I'm going in to the shop and we're building a 12-29. That makes me feel a little better, anyway.

BTW, I had to WATER THE GARDEN today, while you Kalifornians got dumped on. The poor rhubarb was all wilty. Having to water in April is just wrong.

Bunny ride? Big fluffy clouds? Carrot fields forever? A briar patch?

All I need is superironwoman from high elevation to chase over Coleman. I think I'll carry the bon-bons.
    Last edited by SadieKate; 04-14-2007 at 06:30 PM.

Bunny Ride = Shortest possible route. In this case I think it's 35 miles.

I am doing the 200k; I hope I see bunnies and I'd like some of that liquid superwoman iron supplement, please.
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

Quote Originally Posted by jobob View Post
    I'm signed up for the 200K but depending on how it goes, I might opt for the bailout, which I gather would make it a century. Or, if I'm going so slow that they boot my sorry butt onto the century course at the Alexander Valley/Dutcher Creek turnoff...

Lee's still getting over the lung crud thing he has going so he might do the metric instead.
    By this point in the 200K , you've done most of the extra miles--they get added on during the ride over Coleman to the coast. If you make it to Dutcher Creek, you might as well stay the course.
    "Bicycling is a big part of the future. It has to be. There's something wrong with a society that drives a car to workout in a gym." -- Bill Nye

Ah, if I make it to Dutcher Creek. Here's hoping.

Well the whole Dutcher Creek thing is overrated. So if you do the 200k course up to lunch then you've done the whole best part of the ride and if you don't make the cut off because you faff too long at lunch then it's no biggie.
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

Ditto. The whole point of signing up for the 200k is just for route of the first 100 which isn't on any of the other loops. The last hunnerd is pretty much just boring all regular hum-drum wine country and you already saw it last year on the metric route.

That's the plan.

Have fun guys, sounds like a nice ride. My little ones are doing a kids fun run that day so I will be the running sag. I look forward to seeing some of your pics.
    The most effective way to do it, is to do it.
    Amelia Earhart

2005 Trek 5000 road/Avocet 02 40W
    2006 Colnago C50 road/SSM Atola
    2005 SC Juliana SL mtb/WTB Laser V