Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

To disable ads, please log-in.

I think "too prissy" would mean that your hobby is shopping or lounging around the pool talking on a jewel-bedecked cell phone (pink)! And here here for matching socks and jerseys -- isn't that part of the fun of the whole thing? I'm a roadie at heart -- just got into mountain biking two months and had my first concussion and ambulance ride to show for it last week. (don't need to repeat that experience!) But I'm proud to say that my socks and my jersey matched. I looked good even though my riding sucked!

I worked for many years in a 'man's' field--I was a horseshoer. At 5'8" and of muscular build, I worried about seeming manish, but my DH has assured me that I am not! In addition to always being shaven (I am dark haired, and while not 'hairy' it seems more feminine to be shaven) I have worn makeup almost every day of my life since the age of 14. I wear mascara and some maybe some blush. I have been known to put lipstick on during a race, just before I reach the check or finish....All that said, I think I am tough as nails - can mtbike, ride a horse in a 100 mile race, do a tri, shoe a horse, climb a tree. AND, I love pink!!!

Glad we are all different--give me a group hug!!!!

Laura
    Get a bicycle. You will not regret it if you live. ~Mark Twain