Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

i don't understand????????????????

Kitsune06 Guest
    leg shaving? um... I do... just because. It's not that they're that furry otherwise, but silky legs etc etc feels good... and they're easier to bandage when you f*ck them up on the trails...

I don't get the lipstick thing. If you're getting your blood pressure/hr up, your lips should naturally pink up a good bit... why bother w/ lipstick?

chapstick works better... doesn't mark your camelbak or the back of your glove (snotragging...)
    just at thought...

i meant i didn't get why she said 'why DO you shave".... i thought all women shaved???????????????

i wear chapstick ON the ride.... i just start out with the lipstick at the beginning cuz it's gurlie!!!!!

no, dear, some of us DO NOT shave, it is not necessary. The legs are smooth without the hair, if you don't have the hair to start with.
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

Quote Originally Posted by mimitabby View Post
    no, dear, some of us DO NOT shave, it is not necessary. The legs are smooth without the hair, if you don't have the hair to start with.

oh wow!!! that's cool.... and i'm JEALOUS! i HATE HATE HATE shaving!!!

Kitsune06 Guest
    I think maybe what she was getting at is that everything is a matter of everyone's opinion... it's all very subjective. one person's "prissy" is another's ... ... hmm. What *is* the opposite of prissy? None of the words I can think of would probably be favorable.

Some people shave off all their body hair and call it good, some leave it all there and call it furry, and the rest of us find a happy medium (legs or knee-down depending, then pits and *coughmumble*) or waxing or whatever... I can generally get away with just knees-down shaving for the most part. My thighs are unfurry, and what grows is soft and blonde and inoffensive

Some of us are content with cargos w/ chamois, black socks, boots/hiking shoes, baggy dri-fit shirts, and some want to look as adorably feminine as we can.

I don't mind "prissy" unless I have to hear a fellow rider complain about getting dirty or muddy or chipping their nail polish/breaking a nail. Style should never have to significantly interfere with your lifestyle or hobbies, imo. Just... don't expect to see me in an adorable pink jersey or whatnot. Yes, it might happen, but don't *expect* it.
    Last edited by Kitsune06; 02-02-2007 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune06 View Post

I don't mind "prissy" unless I have to hear a fellow rider complain about getting dirty or muddy or chipping their nail polish/breaking a nail. Style should never have to significantly interfere with your lifestyle or hobbies, imo. Just... don't expect to see me in an adorable pink jersey or whatnot. Yes, it might happen, but don't *expect* it.
    Yes, Kit that would make my eyes roll too. I find a bunch of makeup to be rather silly as well, if you're really planning on sweating that makeup is just going to run down your face..

and of course not, i'd NEVER expect to see YOU in Pink unless you HAD to do it because of a bet or a dare.
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA

who said makeup?????????? the only thing mentioned in this thread was lipstick! and it's gone the first part of the ride only to be replaced by chapstick!

Kitsune06 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mimitabby View Post
    ...and of course not, i'd NEVER expect to see YOU in Pink unless you HAD to do it because of a bet or a dare.
    Thanks. Some of my sisters are convinced I have this deep-seated fetish for pink and pink accessories.

oh, if only I could link right *here* to Aerosmith's "Pink".

Thanks. Some of my sisters are convinced I have this deep-seated fetish for pink and pink accessories.

oh, if only I could link right *here* to Aerosmith's "Pink".
    I think they're pulling your leg. you are definitely not in the "pink" category at least in my mind.

but on the other hand, Bluetree, I can see doing pink for fun.
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA

Kitsune06 Guest
    You know it.
    And for shock value. You know how I value shock.

You know it.
    And for shock value. You know how I value shock.
    yes, ma'am I do.
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA

The only real contribution I have here is that Cali can't talk about snotrockets while living in socal. If it were prohibited, I couldn't ride in winter because I would have to stop every 5 feet to blow my nose. I am a prodigious mucous factory.

I shave. But Lise doesn't. Discussed that recently.

Quote Originally Posted by caligurl View Post
    i wear chapstick ON the ride.... i just start out with the lipstick at the beginning cuz it's gurlie!!!!!
    I normally mountain bike after work with a friend, so I have lipstick on from work -- though usually not much left at the end of the day. I use lipbalm only during a ride, of course! I'm one of the unlucky souls who has very pale lips (and I've read that only gets worse as we age), so if I didn't wear a hint of color, my lips would just disappear!

Hey, maybe we should start a poll here -- "Are you girly or non-girly" -- we obviously have a decent-sized contingent in each camp!

Emily
    Last edited by emily_in_nc; 02-02-2007 at 11:40 AM.
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

I always shave my legs before I go mtb. I can pretty much guarantee bruising will occur, but just in case I, uh, earn some rash, it's easier to clean and heal with no hair around it (for bandage purposes).

To me it's not a good ride unless I get a little dirty, but I always start with some lip gloss or lip stick on.
    Dar