Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

Anne, I'm looking forward to following you on your next adventure. I checked your blog every day last year, and you've inspired me to do the Womantours XC trip when I retire. (I did my century last year with Bobbie--I hope I remember her name correctly--who did the Southern Tier with you.)

Have a fun, safe trip!

and on a related note I was supposed to be riding with Bobbie tomorrow at the Ocean to Bay ride. Only problem is that she made it back from Bike Florida, but her bike was delayed and she's bikeless right now. I offered her one of mine, but they are all way too big for her.

Bobbi was so much fun to ride with last year. She went to Florida to ride with one of our other ST ladies. They had alot of fun, I hear. Sure is a pain to have to ship a bicycle, especially when it does not arrive home when you NEED it!

Thank you for following my blog, diving biker, and glad to hear you are going to ride the ST after you retire. It is a fantastic challenge and one that several women did as they celebrated their retirement. There are also several who are going to do the Underground Railroad who have recently retired. To be on the road and to ride every day, see the country, and savor the history is my idea of the perfect trip, except that I miss my hubby very much. When HE retires, we are going to do some self supported touring. He is envious of all the fun I have been having.

Go Anne, go. keep us posted. I'd love to do that entire route and be able to.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Trek 420, you CAN do it. It is NOT about the bike...it is about believing that you can make it and you will. I truly believe that you can do anything that you set out to do if you have a positive attitude. After I got home from my cross country ride, I was so surprised to get quite a few calls to speak to different groups. Me? Public speaking? I actually ended up speaking 12 times to various size groups, from 15 to 400!! I never thought I could do that! I ended nearly every one of my talks with these points:

1. My journey started at my house, with a bike ride for eight miles. I was not sure I would get back home!

2. Remember the power of a POSITIVE attitude. A negative attitude gets you NO WHERE.

3. No REGRETS--don't ever pass up the opportunity to do something you want to do, because you might never get another chance (make it happen to ride across the country)

4. Take a chance--dream fulfillment starts with a decision and you have to make the dream happen.

5. Thank your supporters.

I am ready!

Well, I leave tomorrow for Mobile, AL for my 2000 mile ride on the Underground Railroad Route. I am excited, a bit nervous, ready, and want to RIDE!!!

Keep my safety in your prayers (and all 30 of the women going on this trip).

Thank you.

www.grahamcam.com/annesbicyclejournal

Have a great trip, Anne, and be safe. I'll be reading your blog and wishing I were with you on the trip!

Anne, I've been reading your journal from last year's cross country ride. You're so inspiring. I hope you have a wonderful trip! Happy tailwinds, and no flats to you!

Thanks for your note, red. Yesterday was the hardest ride I have ever had. i felt that I had very adequate water, food, fruit, etc and did not bonk but had really bad cramping of my legs at mile 70-90. But, I am riding for hospice and I thought about what those families are going through, and I rode on. I definitely wanted to quit!!! Alot of people sagged in and I was not the last one to ride in so I guess I should not whine!!!

6 days from Niagara Falls

Our ending point is in Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, in six days!! It has been a wonderful, difficult, fun, exciting, trip! See my journal at

change of location

Hi all, My son, who was hosting my website is moving and his server will be down for a bit. So, to access my journal for the Underground Railroad Ride that I did this spring click here.

http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/2...groundRailroad

Thank you for all your comments and support during my ride.