Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Melbourne Commuters

To disable ads, please log-in.

If there are any Melbourne, Australia commuters out there, have you noticed a MASSIVE increase in the numbers riding to work lately?

I think it might be related to the train situation at the moment, but I used to see maybe 16 cyclists on my ride down Sydney Road each day. This morning it was nealy 80! This is great! Unfortunately there was a LOT more car traffic too which is why I think its because of the reduced train services.

hey Minty...yeah I commute in Melbourne; but not in the inner 'burbs - thank god! Plus I set off for work at 4.15am so don't have any issue with traffic at that time - yay! On the way home is usually round lunch time and instead of taking the highway I take a bike path route - much less stress. I'm so glad I don't hafta take the train to work. I used to many many years ago when I worked in the city. I'm glad all the roadworks in Box Hill are done though coz all those buses around Blackburn were giving me the irrits when I was doing my round. And boy, did they chop up the road surface in some places!! Stoopid road works, stoopid trains, stoopid buses!!

cheers
    V