Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Talking Woohoo I got a Mountain Bike!

To disable ads, please log-in.

My DH is a mountain biker who rides on the road mostly because I ride on the road. He has wanted me to have a mountain bike for so long but we couldn't afford it. When I sold my old road bike a couple weeks ago I started looking for a used mountain bike.

Today picked up a used mountain bike off Craigslist to get started on. She isn't much, but she is mine! It is a 2005 Scott Contessa 30. At least I don't have to wait a year to hit the trails. I can't wait.
    Last edited by Aggie_Ama; 01-29-2007 at 08:07 PM.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    Woo hoo!!! Amanda has come to the dirty side... there's always room for one more!
    Now, we must see a pic of your new pretty trail rider!

Can't wait to hear of your adventures on the trail with DH!
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike

yea

Yea, where's your pic? Have fun..

Pictures tonight! She has never seen a trail, the original owner bought her last year and rode her to work when it was warm or nice out. She has some cosmetic scratches to the frame, but the shifting is really smooth and the drivetrain clean. I am still taking her in for a tune up tomorrow. The owner said she had one a couple months ago, but was due.

Now I need to figure out what kind of clipless pedals I want (it has platforms right now).
    Amanda

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

Okay, here she is. As I said she is pretty entry level, but it will get me out there. I am thinking about picking up some Crank Brother's Candy pedals (Yellow) to put on it. It could probably use a different saddle as well.

The trails around here are a royal mess this time of year, I am not sure how soon I will get to try her out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mt bike2.JPG 
Views:	267 
Size:	75.0 KB 
ID:	2596   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mt Bike.JPG 
Views:	274 
Size:	72.4 KB 
ID:	2597  
    Amanda

Texas

If I was in texas I'd be out on the trail too. looks like it will handle the trail real nice though. I agree beter get some type of pedals, do not want to hurt yourself on the trail.

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    Ooooooo- entry level or not, she's a beauty!!!! Nice find! Yellow pedals would be accent the black nicely. Now lets hope the trails dry out and you get to venture out with her soon!!!
    Thanks for posting the pics!!
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike