Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Utah, Gateway to Nevada, not to be confused with Idaho

Zion Country Century Feb 24

To disable ads, please log-in.

Welllll....I waited too long to get a hotel reservation for this ride and can't find anything reasonably priced in St. George that isn't insect infested, so I don't think I'm going to go after all. The agent at the "host hotel" was soooooo NOT helpful.

This doesn't help my don't-have-anything-to-train-for-thus-no-goals-or-incentive-to-ride situation.

Argh, how frustrating. I haven't booked a hotel either. I have a friend that has an Aunt in St. George that may allow me to mooch the sofa for the night. Of course, I haven't completely decided if I am going or not.
    Sigh - it would have been fun to ride together.

Exclamation

The motel 6 there isn't anything to write home about but its clean...its right next to Dennys But if you're just staying for one night it won't be too bad. No bugs there. Or you can get a room in Hurricane. It's only 15 minutes from the start of the ride and right at the opening of Zion. So there's still a few choices but you better jump on them fast

When I checked the 6 they didn't show any rooms available. Not that I'd want to stay there. Let's just say that I've had less than pleasant experiences at the 6.

I'm still gonna pass. Don't want to stay in Herkin. I thought about staying at Bumbleberry in Springdale and making a Zion weekend out of it but RT it would be something like 700-800 miles of driving, for a century that I'm really not in shape for anyway. Maybe next year.

And besides, I remain optimistic that we're going to get a BOATLOAD of snow in the month of February so I can catch up on lost ski days. We're off to a good start. We'll see what Phil says tomorrow.

If you change your mind the Historic Pioneer Lodge in Springdale is gorgeous and they have availability....

This time last week - I was so on for the Zion's Century. Found a friend to go with...found a friend in St. George to stay with for free....was feeling healthy and strong and that I could pull out my first century - it may not be pretty but I felt like I could get through it.

But then Tuesday night...sore throat creeps in. Wednesday fever and body aches with bad sore throat. Up the vitamin C, suck on throat losenges. Thursday left with sore throat and cough decides to appear. Cough stays and gets worse. Yesterday I finally broke down and went to the Dr. Diagnosis - Bronchitis! I'm down for the punch for at least 2 to 3 weeks. Wahhh!!

Of course, I was so mad that I tried to get revenge on my body and proove that it was so wrong. I mean I know my body and it had to be lying. So I jumped on the trainer - managed 30 minutes with very little resistance, at a low cadence while sucking on a menthol losenge. I guess my body wins this round. Argh.

Oh, Sulis! So sorry to hear about the Bronchitis. Please take care of yourself and rest up.

Sending get well SOON wishes your way.
    If you can read this, take a pull.

Report, AK?

Sorry to disappoint, but I didn't make it down for this one.
    ANYONE have a report?
    If you can read this, take a pull.