Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I saw it, I touched it, I held it

To disable ads, please log-in.

Look. Look. Here it is. Isn't it gorgeous? My raw frame, about ready for the paint shop. The black strips are electrical tape over the S&S couplers to keep grit out when the frame is cleaned before painting. Now it just needs the braze-ons for the racks, which he is going to do tomorrow. I saw the racks too - very nice, light, stainless steel Tubus racks. oooh. ahhh.

I test road 2 bikes, one with bar end shifters, one with STI. Decided I prefer the bar-ends. Spent about 2 hours with Peter Mooney talking about components. Just about everything is set. He's got rims for my 26 inch wheels but has to order the hubs. And I saw the 26x1.3 tires he recommended and liked them. The frame has plenty of clearance for those tires and fenders too (fender braze-ons are already installed). I'll probably look for 650c rims elsewhere. I've got a Dura Ace 9-speed 28 hole rear hub for the 650s. Felt some Shimano brake levers (not STI) that I liked. I double-checked my paint choice, a metallic blue, and picked silver decals edged with white. The bike should be ready to ride by early May. I may be hyperventilating until then.
    Oil is good, grease is better.

2007 Peter Mooney w/S&S couplers/Terry Butterfly
    1993 Bridgestone MB-3/Avocet O2 Air 40W
    1980 Columbus Frame with 1970 Campy parts
    1954 Raleigh 3-speed/Brooks B72

Wooo hoo.. congrats, Deb! Sounds like it was a nice Easter!

HOw exciting...
    Push the pedal down watch the world around fly by us

OOOOOOHHHH!!!!!!!! How exciting! How cool!

More pictures?
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

wheel parts

I picked up my wheel parts yesterday for the 26" touring wheelset. Ultegra hubs, 32 hole front, 36 hole rear, Mavic annodized MTB rims. Even brought home the tires, tubes, and rimstrips so I'll be all set to put the wheels on the bike. I'll try to get the front wheel built this week, and save the rear to give Mudmucker the wheelbuilding lesson I've been promising.

This is really cool to track how your build is going. It's kinda like one of those old cliffhangers... Can't wait til the next episode

Can't wait to see the frame painted!
    Push the pedal down watch the world around fly by us

Oh Deb, she is georgeous! Maybe she'll be ready to ride during my visit!!! I can't wait to see her all finished off.

Soon

Today I put the tires on my new wheels and dropped them off at the bike shop so that they will be there when the frame comes back from the painter's. I was told that the painter promised to ship the frame on Tuesday, so it should be at Belmont Wheelworks on Thursday. If it is, Peter thinks he can have it ready for me by Sunday, one week from today. WHOO HOO!!!

Last Monday night I got to be there while Triskeliongirl packed her S&S coupled bike. Even got to tighten and loosen the couplers. So now I feel comfortable with the couplers and the packing process. Can't wait for the new bike.

I talked to Peter Mooney today. My frame came back from the painter on Friday. We made an tentative appointment for Tuesday at 6 pm to pick up the completed bike. I'll be riding it this week.

Yay, Deb!!!
    Make SURE someone is taking pictures! We need pictures!
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

WE DEFINITELY WANT PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!! It was so great getting your help with the packing! I should have brought that wrench with me for removing the crank arm, and I know you would have got me over my fears. But, next time I vow to get it in a single suitcase. I just love my steel S/S coupled bike, and I know you are going to love yours too.

Brought it home

I've got it and it rides like silk, with the most stable neutral steering I've ever felt, and a very comfortable cockpit. WOW! Actually made me want to ride freehands in the first 1/8 mile. I took some pictures of it in the living room, but I'll have to wait until tomorrow morning to upload them (sorry for the wait).

Also brought home all the parts for my 650c wheelset, so I should have those ready within the week. The S&S case and a set of fenders are on order.

All these purty new toys . . . .
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

Quote Originally Posted by DebW View Post
    I've got it and it rides like silk, with the most stable neutral steering I've ever felt, and a very comfortable cockpit. WOW! Actually made me want to ride freehands in the first 1/8 mile. I took some pictures of it in the living room, but I'll have to wait until tomorrow morning to upload them (sorry for the wait).

Also brought home all the parts for my 650c wheelset, so I should have those ready within the week. The S&S case and a set of fenders are on order.
    what's with the no pictures? Huh? huh?
    no i never said i was patient. and where's MY bike while i'm at it?
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY
    We want pictures!!!!!!!!
    Lisa
    Our bikes...OurBikes...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    Ruby's Website and My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Oh Deb, I am so happy that he nailed both the fit and the performance. This says a lot for your builder, and if I ever get over paying for my kids education I will look into getting a bike from your builder. It is not easy to build a bike that fits with neutral steering and no toe clip overlap in a small frame size. I just loved your builders idea of making it compatable with both 26" and 650c wheels. Maybe you can visit me in Woods Hole this summer, and we can do a ride with Wavedancer and I can meet your new bike. ENJOY!