Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

To disable ads, please log-in.

Depends what kind of biking you want to do ? I would like to do the Scottish offroad coast to coast eventually:

http://biking.skedaddle.co.uk/holiday/34/view.rails

The "best" bits of Scotland for cycling (IMO) would be the Highlands and Islands as the scenery is just fantastic when the clag isn't down (which is unfortunately rather often) and the midges aren't trying to eat you alive. To cycle round you would need to like hills, have plenty of insect repellent if in the main summer months (though the Scottish midge seems to be able to overcome most) and be prepared for "four seasons in one day" weatherwise, including the Scottish favourite of raining when the sun is still shining - I don't seem to see this as often now I've moved down to England.

I know people cycle tour a lot round Scotland and being born and bred there I obviously love it however I always stop short of whole heartedly encouraging people to go as the weather is so unpredictable - the same for the Welsh and English mountains, beautiful areas but seem to spend most of the time hiding in low cloud! Personally I love the unpredictable weather as it makes the good days all the more special but its a bit annoying if you've got a weeks' vacation and it rains for all of it!

Oh, stay away from the tablet its horrible! Macaroon bars on the other hand...

Bike Vermont (a lovely organization we toured with in Vermont years ago) does a Scotland trip I would love to do someday. I'm thinking of it for my 50th birthday (2011).

Emily
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Quote Originally Posted by tattiefritter View Post
    including the Scottish favourite of raining when the sun is still shining

Oh, stay away from the tablet its horrible! Macaroon bars on the other hand...

The rain and sunshine thing makes for spectacular rainbows....and ignore the bit about tablet. It's delicicious. Tunnocks tea cakes are the thing though.
    http://www.tunnocks.co.uk/teacake.htm
    Please note the reference to 'nutrional information' is an example of the Scottish sense of irony.
    If it's not one thing it's another

Tunnocks tea cakes, drool, drool You can actually get them in England but not the dark chocolate covered ones they are just lush. I can't find caramel logs either, caramel wafers yes but not logs.

I'm sure someone must have an import licence for caramel logs......
    If it's not one thing it's another