Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

And for you men lurking out there...we KNOW you are!

To disable ads, please log-in.

http://www.utilikilts.com/

The man I met who wore one said the one that hit above his knees was perfect. The longer one got caught in his brakes and brought the bike to a dead stop.

I didn't ask what he wore under it...

I didn't have any trouble riding in a skort. It felt weird at first, but I got used to the flapping behind me. I agree with Denise; I would rather buy the unpadded wrapper to put on over shorts if i ever was in a place where I felt uncomfortable in shorts. So far, that has only happened once, in Edgartown, on Martha's Vineyard, though I'm pretty sure the people were staring more at my husband's shorts, matching jersey, socks, and sandals, rather than mine.

I also like the wrapper because I can wear it over my favorite pair of shorts and I didn't like the Terry shorts. I've also picked up tennis skirts, which are fairly cheap and come in all sorts of colors and lengths and wear those over my bike shorts. Just make sure they don't have a mesh liner or shorts under them.
    http://www.fortylovetennis.com/Skirts.asp

Quote Originally Posted by mariposa8965 View Post
    What didn't you like about the Terry skorts? I have a few and like them. They seem to offer the most variety of colors and styles.
    There were a couple of things I didn't like about the skorts. First, I didn't like the fabric that the skirt is made of. It never really flowed gracefully to me. It always seemed to hang stiff. Second, I didn't like the way it attached to the short. When I wrapped it, the under layer hung a good two inches lower than the top layer. I think this may have been a quality control issue. I ended up putting one in good will, the second I cut the skirt part off and now occasionally use the shorts under athletic shorts for quick rides or as back ups. I really like the shebeest cyclone skort if I'm looking for a skirt.

I have thought about the Terry stretch mini but I have found that its just as easy for me to either wear shorts and thats all or wear the shebeest skort. I haven't had much occasion to keep a wrap to put on after riding.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyinWhite View Post
    There were a couple of things I didn't like about the skorts. First, I didn't like the fabric that the skirt is made of. It never really flowed gracefully to me. It always seemed to hang stiff. Second, I didn't like the way it attached to the short. When I wrapped it, the under layer hung a good two inches lower than the top layer. I think this may have been a quality control issue.
    Wow, I have two Terry Racer skorts, and mine don't have this problem at all. The fabric is soft, wrinkle free, and hangs nicely, and they overlap well. I really like the way they fit. Mine are probably 2003 or 2004 models; not sure if they've gotten worse since then. I got both on ebay for very cheap and have been pleased; other than the fact that the chamois is not as good as most of my other shorts, as I stated above. It doesn't have much padding, so I only wear my skorts on shorter rides.

Emily
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

That is exactly the problem I had with the Terry skort; the lower layer hanging down below the upper one. I bought mine in 2005, so maybe they have changed. Mine went to Goodwill, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Surlygirl View Post
    I also like the wrapper because I can wear it over my favorite pair of shorts and I didn't like the Terry shorts. I've also picked up tennis skirts, which are fairly cheap and come in all sorts of colors and lengths and wear those over my bike shorts. Just make sure they don't have a mesh liner or shorts under them.
    http://www.fortylovetennis.com/Skirts.asp
    That's a great site! I like skorts because they usually come in a color other than black, but if the chamois in the short isn't right, well, so much for that. The wrapper really is the better solution.

I couldn't find a length on those tennis skirts. Do you know about how long they are? Thanks!