Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: CROC Ride

CROC Ride

To disable ads, please log-in.

We have a wonderful ride for Memorial Day Weekend. The Century Ride of the Centuries. We call it CROC for short. Our registration is open. It's a wonderful value for the price $110 for everything. Here's our website. Don't hesitate if you want to come. We will probably fill the ride. It's limited to 250.

www.cyclependleton.com

Hey Susan,

I got your flyer and note. Hope to make it this year. But it's not looking good. The following weekend we're driving to Montana, so I'm not sure I want to drive all the way to Pendleton for Memorial Day weekend. On the other hand, I loved the ride when we did it a few years ago, so for now I'm taking a wait and see stance.

Susan
    Susan Otcenas
    TeamEstrogen.com
    See our newest cycling jerseys
    1-877-310-4592

Susan, Hope you decide to come. Hope some of the other great girls at TE can make it, too. It just gets better each year.

Susan

PS--why not go from here to Montana??? There are some other great rides in the area you could do. (I'm always pressing!)
    Last edited by Aint Doody; 01-27-2007 at 10:59 AM.

Even though we're getting full, there's still room! Y'all don't want to miss our ride. Unfortunately it's the same week-end as the NW Tandem Rally. I even have family coming from Miss. & Tenn. to help with my SAG stop--theme is "Old South Plantation." I'm wearing a hoop skirt, one brother is in Confederate uniform. We'll serve grits and other Southern delicacies! And staying at the dude ranch is really fun, too. It's a fully supported ride and cheap! (We have a great sponsor that gives us the big bucks.)
    Tis better to wear out than to rust out....

How was it?

I tried to talk DH into the trip, but...

Karen in Boise

Karen, It was superb! We had a full ride--250 cyclists. The weather was terrific. And since there had been rain earlier, the hillsides were green! There were lots of wildflowers. The food was delicious. I had an Old South SAG stop complete with grits and authentic Southerners (myself, my 2 brothers, and 1 sil). We wore hoop skirts, Confederate uniforms. It was wonderful. That day there was a pretty good wind, but the plus is that it was from the west and the routes headed east! Everybody enjoyed the ride. Don't miss it next year. We had quite a few from your area and lots from Seattle area. Bend, OR was also well represented. And the ride just gets better each year. It's always Memorial Day Weekend. We probably won't open registration until Jan 08. If you want a room at the Bar M, do it really early as they book up fast. They have a wonderful hot-springs fed pool, horses, usual dude ranch stuff. It's not fancy; it was a stage stop in the 1800's. Here's a link for some pictures taken by a participant. I have to stop myself; I could go on forever!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jcalnan...7600284786930/

I drive that Cabbage Hill and Hwy 84 once or twice a year, and am ALWAYS awed by the beauty of that area as I descend into the valley, but I've never seen it in spring. WOW!

The ride up Cabbage Hill -- is that on some road other than 84? (I sure hope so!)

It looks like it was a great event! I will keep it in mind for next year, and see if I can't talk DH into it. I did suggest it this year, and he was like, no way!

If not next year, well, some day we GOTTA do it!

Isn't there another ride in your general vicinity yet this summer/fall?

Karen in Boise

Hey now, LOVE the size of those martinis!

I wanted to do it too but I work Saturdays and I couldn't get it off. Maybe next year or another ride.

Well, girls, come on down! Yes, Cabbage is on the old highway that was in use before I-84. It has some fabulous views, and there is absolutely no traffic. All the cars are busy speeding up and down I-84. For those who rode up Cabbage there was a balloon arch and a special patch. The ride up is daunting--about 9 miles of climbing. But if my 58 yr-old body can do it, anybody can. Then you have a 9 mile coast down! Wheeeeeeee! Memorial Day is our only big organized ride, but we have a local club that's pretty active. We have a scheduled ride each Sat. and some others sprinkled during the week, and we always welcome visitors--as long as you have a helmet. On our website we have our favorite club rides mapped out. And the lbs (Pendleton Bike & Board) and the Chamber of Commerce both have our maps available for free. www.pendletononwheels.org And, yep, those 'tinis are killers!!!!