Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Beauty and the Beast- Tyler

To disable ads, please log-in.

They moved the ride this year. This time the ride will be March 17, 2007. It was a lot of fun and challenging, anyone else going to try to conquer the beast? The Tyler Bike Club was amazing last year, free cookies, pizza, tons of support.

DH and I plan to go again. I have forgotten the pain.

ETA: Here is my report from last year. http://forums.teamestrogen.com/showt...east#post78828
    Last edited by Aggie_Ama; 01-17-2007 at 10:43 AM.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

Gosh, it's tempting. I wanted to go last year.

Although, I have been on the bike for very few miles the last 2-3 months... I worry that I won't be trained for it.
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather, to skid in broadside thoroughly used-up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!!"

Well I am carrying an extra 15 lbs and have about 800 miles less of training. At least my bike is lighter! It is going to hurt, but I plan on booking the hotel tonight.
    Amanda

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

I won't be riding, but I remember my sister telling me about that ride and the "Freeze Your Fanny" Ride. She use to live in Kilgore. She is generally a jogger, but she and her husband would drag out their bikes for the Beast ride. They really like the T-shirts ...

DUH! It's March 17th?

I am walking a 5K on that day... and doing a Duathlon (running and cycling) the next day (18th).

Yea, I won't be making it.
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather, to skid in broadside thoroughly used-up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!!"

Sadly, we are not doing this ride. We realized we wouldn't be able to get to Tyler until midnight (at the earliest) and it would be too little sleep. I would be very willing if I were better conditioned, but I can be exhausted and out of shape! We may still get a wild hair to do the ride, but right now it looks like we are skipping it.
    Amanda