Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Offthegrid View Post
    Mr. Silver, don't you have any single, male friends, preferably around age 30, who like to go on bike rides and live in eastern Pennsylvania or New Jersey?
    great question! my only thing is alaska instead of the east coast.
    "Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it." William C. Durant

I click here to help detect breast cancer.

I click here to help feed animals in need.

I play this game to help feed people in need.

Quote Originally Posted by Offthegrid View Post
    Mr. Silver, don't you have any single, male friends, preferably around age 30, who like to go on bike rides and live in eastern Pennsylvania or New Jersey?
    Susie, would you settle for 27, serious rock climber, and about to move to New Jersey to work for Johnson & Johnson? Former employee of mine who just completed his MBA...
    Last edited by Mr. Bloom; 01-16-2007 at 03:44 PM. Reason: to spell Susie's name correctly
    If you don't grow where you're planted, you'll never BLOOM - Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Silver View Post
    Susie, would you settle for 27, serious rock climber, and about to move to New Jersey to work for Johnson & Johnson? Former employee of mine who just completed his MBA...
    Since I'm a J&J shareholder, does that mean he is an employee of mine, too?

Mr. Silver, don't go away. I enjoy your posts, and I know I'd like you in person, too. What a kind person you are!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Silver View Post
    Ooh, sounds cute.

*slaps forehead* Dang, I already got one of those.

Winter riding is much less about badassery and much more about bundle-uppery. - malkin

1995 Kona Cinder Cone commuterFrankenbike/Selle Italia SLR Lady Gel Flow
    2008 white Nakamura Summit Custom mtb/Terry Falcon X
    2000 Schwinn Fastback Comp road bike/Specialized Jett

Quote Originally Posted by lph View Post
    Ooh, sounds cute.

*slaps forehead* Dang, I already got one of those.
    LOL!!!
    Last edited by silver; 01-17-2007 at 04:34 AM.

My mom died when my oldest son was 14. One of the last things she told me was that my husband and i should have a "hobby" to do together. I was always running out to the gym, leaving my husband home. When he started cycling, I would go to the gym then. It was him forcing ME to get out there on his old mtb, pushing me up a small hill with the back of his hand, that embarrassed me into wanting to become a cyclist. We also do almost everything together and while, I have friends, I don't feel the need for separate vacations, etc.
    Even if your adult kids come home, you still need common interests. I agree with Mr. Silver. Although mine have not returned to the nest, if they do, it's rent time!

Robyn

Quote Originally Posted by Robyn Maislin View Post
    My mom died when my oldest son was 14. One of the last things she told me was that my husband and i should have a "hobby" to do together.
    I completely agree! My DH and I have always done things together....from home improvements, to cycling (he got me interested), to taking long walks with our dog, to traveling. In the past couple of years we've discovered that we love kayaking, hiking, and sailing together; and we're learning to do tilework by doing our new sunporch (which we built together -- he did most of the work, but I helped!) floor together. We hope to start doing some backpacking/camping this year too!

We were never able to have children so I think that helped us stay involved in activities together -- we've always been "empty nesters". Many friends of ours say that they envy all the things we do together and how active we are. I feel lucky too! We'll celebrate our 22nd anniversary this May.

Emily
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Mr. Silver, I think you bring a wonderfully subtle nuance to the discussion here, and I hope that you stick around. If you do need to seek out some male cycling interactions from time to time, the Clydesdales on BF are a really great bunch of guys.