Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad JuJu View Post
    But Mimi, will you still be a Team TE Bianchista?
    I don't see why not! I must tell you some of the Bianchistas on the website sent me photos of Bianchis that they no longer own, but still love.
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

Quote Originally Posted by mimitabby View Post
    I don't see why not!
    Well, all right then. I feel much better now!
    Bad JuJu: Team TE Bianchista
    "The road to hell is paved with works-in-progress." -Roth
    Read my blog: Works in Progress

I think I saw some orange tires in my Colorado Cyclist catalog! Of course, they'd only work if you're going with 700c wheels -- are you?

Can't wait to see pics of the new ride when you get it. Congratulations again!

Emily
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Here's a politically charged orange bike messenger bag. And it's cheap! I'm thinking of getting the blue one.

http://hrccornerstore.myimagefirst.c...VK422CJAH3D1S0
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Quote Originally Posted by emily_in_nc View Post
    I think I saw some orange tires in my Colorado Cyclist catalog! Of course, they'd only work if you're going with 700c wheels -- are you?

Emily
    Emily, not sure about the wheels. Probably 700 yes. A coworker came in with those tires on his bike. I about died! they are beautiful!

Knot, i already have an orange and black backpack that I carry
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA

I've been busy at work and just saw this thread now. BIG CONGRATS!!!!!!! She is lovely............. As you know I recently went through buying and building a frame, so PM me if you need any help. To cut costs, you could ask them to transfer as much as possible from your bianchi, and then sell that frame. Another way to cut costs is to buy gently used parts on ebay. Here, lots of LBS are happy to build a bike when you bring them a frame and parts for ~$100. Its still $100 more business for them than they would have had if you didn't ask them to do it, and of course they hope if they do a good job you'll bring your bike in for regular service visits.

wow, Trisk, 100 dollars! that's terrific!

I have not decided whether or not I want to tear down the Bianchi or not.
    it's finally configured the way I want it. Of course, it's the only bike I have right now. It will be tricky. We'll see.

I plan on calling around at a couple of shops to see how much they charge. Gee, 100 dollars. maybe i ought to come down and visit YOU!

But yes, I will IM you for help, thanks for the offer.
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA

wow, Trisk, 100 dollars! that's terrific!
    That assumes you bring them ALL the parts, including cables. I even had them transfer the parts from one frame to the next, and that is what they charged (so they also had to remove parts) but the new bike did have the fork and headset installed. The parts could cost you another $1000 or more..........

I have not decided whether or not I want to tear down the Bianchi or not.
    it's finally configured the way I want it. Of course, it's the only bike I have right now. It will be tricky. We'll see.
    Mimi, it really make sense to use the Bianchi's wheels. If you want to ride the Bianchi again, just swap the wheels back. You can always get another set of wheels later. And start looking for sales. Nashbar has 15% off on all drive systems now. eBay has a whole section of vintage parts if you want some classic Campy stuff.

$100 sounds like a great price on a bike build, TG.
    Oil is good, grease is better.

2007 Peter Mooney w/S&S couplers/Terry Butterfly
    1993 Bridgestone MB-3/Avocet O2 Air 40W
    1980 Columbus Frame with 1970 Campy parts
    1954 Raleigh 3-speed/Brooks B72

Quote Originally Posted by emily_in_nc View Post

Emily

Check out my thread on my orange Contis, which are here and pretty. Just not on the bike for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Triskeliongirl View Post
    That assumes you bring them ALL the parts, including cables. I even had them transfer the parts from one frame to the next, and that is what they charged (so they also had to remove parts) but the new bike did have the fork and headset installed. The parts could cost you another $1000 or more..........
    I am thinking it will cost about 2K to buy the parts. I want CAMPY; and I am thinking Centaur. (it's the best they make before everything turns to composite and ridiculously expensive).

Changing the wheels from the Veloce is a great idea, Deb, because they are easy enough to swap back and forth. (unlike a lot of the other stuff)

SouthernBelle, I will look for that thread, thanks
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA

hey mimi.. when you're all shopped out and knowledgeable.. pass it onto me!!

i gotta go talk to some folks about removing paint today.. or i'm gonna try the dawn.. goo off thing..

I am thinking it will cost about 2K to buy the parts. I want CAMPY; and I am thinking Centaur. (it's the best they make before everything turns to composite and ridiculously expensive).

Changing the wheels from the Veloce is a great idea, Deb, because they are easy enough to swap back and forth. (unlike a lot of the other stuff)

SouthernBelle, I will look for that thread, thanks

I don't think it will cost that much if you are willing to shop around for internet sales, and use some gently used parts. I agree on the wheel thing though. Even if you decide to keep your veloce as a spare bike/commuter, you don't need such fancy wheels, and you can always upgrade them later when you recover from this initial big purchase. Can you post the geometry specs of this bike. I am curious, always looking for a pretty bike that might fit me.....

all i know right now is 48cm height and 50.5cm top tube.
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA

$100 to build a bike...

Just chiming in to say that my LBS also did my bike build for $100 three years ago. I took them the frame and fork I'd bought on ebay, but I bought everything else through them including Campy Chorus gruppo (except saddle and pedals), so I am sure they made a lot more on me than the $100 with the markup on the parts (even though they gave me a 10% "good customer" discount)!

~Emily
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow