Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

I did 6 miles this morning... 38 and a cold wind in some parts, but it felt invigorating. I wish my time was better (1:10). Perhaps I will attempt to grow taller this week, I'm getting tired of running on stubs!

You can add my 18 to last week's total

So that's 98.55 miles for last week. That's 3.76 maris.

Ran last night after all - 5.6 miles. Blech.

RnR - once upon a time, a long time ago, I was a dirty girl too. Still have my last cross-country mtb (1999 specialized stumpjumper M4 with a spectacular yellow paint job named Sally) and I take her out once in a while. I can't believe how chicken I am now on descents.

I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I KNEW YOU WERE DIRTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK...running tomorrow, will add my mileage...off to freeze my buns on a 20 degree night ride.

You go RnR Girl!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rocknrollgirl View Post
    I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I KNEW YOU WERE DIRTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Oh, you have nooooooooo idea.

Had my first run in freezing rain today! I just couldn't face schlepping to the gym and . . . I'll be honest . . . I had new running shoes. There's no better motivation for me than the chance to wear new shoes!

Anyway it was raining very lightly, and this morning's snow and sleet (first of the winter!) had melted off the sidewalks. So perhaps not as badass as I make it sound.

Only made it 30 minutes (probably 3 miles or more) - my non-high-tech tights were getting pretty damp and cold. But I'm glad I went - now I have cute pink cheeks for the rest of the day!

Three for me tonight in 36 degree pouring rain. Just lovely. Better than the 17 degree mountain bike last night. My feet were frozen.

Rock On!

Quote Originally Posted by rocknrollgirl View Post
    Three for me tonight in 36 degree pouring rain. Just lovely. Better than the 17 degree mountain bike last night. My feet were frozen.

Rock On!

Nice work RnR. How you feeling today?

I ran hills on the TM at work. AAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHH! I must get outside soon. But it's too icy right now to run safely outdoors. First priority is no injuries.

I ran 5.35 miles for 55 minutes (10:30 minute mile) today! My longest run yet. Too bad I wasn't outside!

Got on the treadmill at lunch and ran.

Told myself I would do 3-4 miles. I was feeling pretty good so went on to do 5.35 miles.

I would have done 5.50 even, but the dang treadmill stopping working on me.

Yea, about 2.50 miles into it, my pinky toenail dug into the side of the toe next to it... there was blood afterwards.

It hurt to run on that foot, but I reminded myself the difference between pain and suffering and tried to block it out.

I also got this weird chafing under my arms I have never had before. Luckily, I noticed that pain once I stopped. What can I do about this problem? Body glide my underarms I suppose?

My legs held strong running, but gosh I'm hurting now!
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather, to skid in broadside thoroughly used-up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!!"

Hi Wahine. I am not feeling too bad today. My legs are a little tired, like if I run up the stairs. The important thing was that I felt good during the run.
    I am taking off today.

easy run, and swim tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by KSH View Post

I also got this weird chafing under my arms I have never had before. Luckily, I noticed that pain once I stopped. What can I do about this problem? Body glide my underarms I suppose?

My legs held strong running, but gosh I'm hurting now!
    Be very very proud of the underarm chafing. It's because of your huge lats!! And yes body glide works well for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wahine View Post
    Be very very proud of the underarm chafing. It's because of your huge lats!! And yes body glide works well for this.
    Hhhuuummm... really? Cause I thought it was from my flabby triceps.

Next time, body glide goes on. I guess I never got it before, because I have been running outside with long sleeves on, vs. just a sports top.

BTW- Wahine, if you could please start the new running thread starting for 1-22. I will be out of town in Floride from 1-20 to 1-24 and the laptop is staying at home. THANKS!
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather, to skid in broadside thoroughly used-up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by KSH View Post

BTW- Wahine, if you could please start the new running thread starting for 1-22. I will be out of town in Floride from 1-20 to 1-24 and the laptop is staying at home. THANKS!
    Will do.

Ummm... if we only count the "run" part of my run-walks, I think I did about 1/2 mile this week. Plan to do another 1/4-1/2 tomorrow.

Got new shoes (beloved Brooks, the best running shoes in the universe for my goofy feet) and want to break them in tomorrow with a GOOD run-walk.

Knot-loved-to-run-since-a-little-kid, now-with-messed-up-knee

Edit: Saturday a.m. Did about 1/4 mile total run this morning in my fresh Brooks Ariels. Happy Knee, Happy Knot!
    Last edited by KnottedYet; 01-20-2007 at 09:50 AM.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson