Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Great Mass Getaway

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hi all:

Was wondering if there are any of you here or lurking who may know something about the M.S. 150 here in Massachusetts?
    My husband, my son, and I are planning on riding it this year and was wondering if you have any input...i.e. hilly?? flat?? Can a fast
    strong riding 12 year old manage this ride?? (He has done the miles before)...any input would be appreciated...Actually, we
    have never done the M.S. ride before...is it well supported etc. etc.?

karen
    Last edited by massbikebabe; 05-21-2004 at 10:19 AM.

I did the MS ride here, but it was flat. Also ours is two days, 77 miles each day. Our church group just did the first day only. The thing you might be interested in though is that our church had a group of riders. and several people had a child (11-ish) along. and three members of the youth group went too, teens on hybrid bikes. None of the kids had a lot of experience and they finished the 77 mile ride with the rest of us, slow - (total 8 hrs), and seemed fine. They were all in church and smiling the next day... Unless your ride is hilly, I would think your son would do fine if he rides already.

And ours was very well supported, food, music LBS's all over doing repairs. It has the reputation of being the only ride you can gain weight on!