Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red Hook Ride Feb 17 or 18?

To disable ads, please log-in.

Trek will be here. If the weather is good and if we can get her on a bike that fits, would anyone be interested in a Red Hook Ride; Log Boom to Red Hook like the last one? If the weather is nasty (or bike fit fails) how about meeting at Red Hook for lunch?
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Quote Originally Posted by KnottedYet View Post
    Trek will be here. If the weather is good and if we can get her on a bike that fits, would anyone be interested in a Red Hook Ride; Log Boom to Red Hook like the last one? If the weather is nasty (or bike fit fails) how about meeting at Red Hook for lunch?
    Soitenly! Looking forward to meeting her.
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

Oh, I forgot the 19th, lots of folks have that off. Will that work better for anyone? Weather willing, of course...
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Log Boom Park in Kenmore to Red Hook Brewery in Woodinville . . . I have never been on a ride so far north . . . maybe I will try and make it! Weather permitting! And the 19th would be better because yes, I am off for Presidents' Day!

president's day is not a holiday at the big B where i work. We will be deep in the thralls of a test that is behind schedule because of the snowstorms we're expecting THIS WEEK.

I doubt that i can get that day off, so i am hoping you pick saturday or sunday for the ride.
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

Here's what we're looking at:

Saturday, February 17th, afternoon, maybe 1:30 or 2:00-ish (late lunch, early dinner)

Log Boom to Red Hook ride, eat at Red Hook, ride back to Log Boom
    **or**
    Meet at Red Hook for late lunch/early dinner

Trek gets in very late Friday night, hence the mid-afternoon ride/eat.

I'm in!
    Must ask, are men invited?
    (we don't have to invite the men, but..)
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA

soitenly!
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    N+1 bike ~ Brompton
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

I have a team ride that day and its a long one so I probably would not be able to participate (If I got back to Marymoor park in time I might be able to go meet you all at Redhook and ride back with you - but we've got a 70 miler scheduled for that day so it would be close), but what I can do is maybe hook you up with a bike for Trek to ride. I seem to recall from another thread that Trek is petite? I have a 44cm Fuji Provence that I'm happy to loan out. (you can check out the geometry here http://www.fujibikes.com/2005/bikes.asp?id=15) I also have an extremely adaptable Marin Larkspur - but its an upright city/commuter style bike (and its heavy!).
    "Sharing the road means getting along, not getting ahead" - 1994 Washington State Driver's Guide

visit my flickr stream http://flic.kr/ps/MMu5N

Eden, thanks!

Wow, I found someone with a bike that might be small for even me

Yes, I am "verticaly challenged", I take around a 47 cm.
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    N+1 bike ~ Brompton

A 47cm with 650's or 700's? My 650 wheeled bike is a 47cm - the Fuji is a 700c - their basic geometry is suprisingly similar. Yes, I am finding that perhaps I have too many bikes..... and to think a year and 1/2 ago I only had one.

If you would like to use it, its got a Terry (liberator? maybe, its not marked, but its got a cutout) saddle and I can put either shimano spd or crank bros candies on it - or feel free to bring your own - cause I know how important a comfy saddle and the right pedals can be.
    "Sharing the road means getting along, not getting ahead" - 1994 Washington State Driver's Guide

visit my flickr stream http://flic.kr/ps/MMu5N

Well, it's going to be a while... possibly a long while... before I get to get back on my bike since the dressings on my right leg let me walk but don't really offer enough range of motion for cycling. (And there's no way I can get my Sidis on!) BUT.... I'd love to come out to meet you all for lunch or whatnot at Redhook. Maybe something can be arranged to that extent, yes?
    Aperte mala cm est mulier, tum demum est bona. -- Syrus, Maxims
    (When a woman is openly bad, she is at last good.)

Edepol nunc nos tempus est malas peioris fieri. -- Plautus, Miles Gloriosus
    (Now is the time for bad girls to become worse still.)

Quote Originally Posted by Eden View Post
    A 47cm with 650's or 700's? My 650 wheeled bike is a 47cm - the Fuji is a 700c - their basic geometry is suprisingly similar. Yes, I am finding that perhaps I have too many bikes..... and to think a year and 1/2 ago I only had one.

If you would like to use it, its got a Terry (liberator? maybe, its not marked, but its got a cutout) saddle and I can put either shimano spd or crank bros candies on it - or feel free to bring your own - cause I know how important a comfy saddle and the right pedals can be.
    Yes, at night they multiply. started with one...now have 3...

You gals are too cool, plus I think Mimitaby has plans to lure me to try a bike with a Brooks.

That could be dangerous since my LBS has em and I don't like my commutermbile saddle....
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    N+1 bike ~ Brompton

Okay, you all, it's in my calendar for the 17th, early/mid-afternoon. We are on!
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

I am fairly certain that Trek will do fine on my Raleigh.
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA