Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: I'm so excited

I'm so excited

To disable ads, please log-in.

At least for now. I have my new Kurt trainer in my car. I haven't had a chance to open it yet, but this evening, I'm looking forward to a little (ok, a lot) sweat.

WooHoo!

I've had one for about 1 month and love it. To make things less borring, put it in front of the TV. When a comerical comes on, take a rest, then when the show starts again, continue your workout. I love it. I'll do a standing climb in my hardest gear, then take a recovery break during comercials. Then when the show comes back on, I'll do a sitting spin, as fast as possible. In no time, you'll have trained for 1 hour without even noticing it.

Enjoy it! You can also pick up DVDs for workouts which helps to keep it less boring. Sometimes I don't follow the workouts exactly, preferring to just go along with whatever music I am listening to (I don't ever just listen to the DVDs) but it is enough of a motivator to see others cycling and doing different types of riding to keep me focused, too.

I just bought a Kurt Kinetic as well. I love it! The only thing is that it is supposed to be the quietest trainer but mine still seems to make a lot of noise. It is my first trainer so I don't have anything to compare it to. So far I've only tried the DVD that it came with but I found that listening to music really helps. I'll try riding to a TV show- great idea to take breaks during commercials.