Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Newer Polar Transmitters

To disable ads, please log-in.

Newer Polar monitors come with the Wearlink transmitter which you can change the battery of yourself - just be very careful when opening the back that you don't damage the little slot that allows you to get a coin in to turn the battery cover (luckily I had another one). Its also a very comfortable strap to wear as its textile rather than the plastic.

My BF has a Garmin Forerunner and I'd never wear it as its humungous. I am thinking about upgrading my Polar S410 at some point this year to one of the Speed/Distance ones: possible an S625x (can use as bike computer too) or RS4000SD/8000SD. I'll wait a bit until the newer models have been in circulation for a while.

No runs for me yet

My ankle has improved somewhat and if its wasn't so windy outside (60mph gusts today) then I'd be going out for a tester but I'll save that for Saturday morning.

The thing that bugs it most is actually driving, particularly in queueing traffic when I'm on the clutch all the time (its my left obviously) it really annoys it. Other than that its ok and I was slip sliding about in the mud pushing my bike up an unrideable (for me) short climb on last nights night ride and it was absolutely fine. So fingers crossed for Saturday and I'll look where I'm putting my feet!

Was supossed to do a spin class last night, got there in plenty of time to get a bike (it's crazy full w/ all the New Year resolution people), only to discover that something is wrong with the bike. Went to get a new one, there were none left. So I tried to figure out what was wrong, figured that out, simple enough to fix. However, they don't have the tool I need, and of course mine is at home in my bike bag. Tried to ride the bike, but quickly gave up as it was annoying me.

So, off to the track to run again. Got in a couple of miles at 9:05 -9:10 pace, and quit when the spin class ended. I actually need to run more so than bike, so it wasn't that bad of a thing, just annoying.

Hi Wahine - I was trying to be a good girl today - slow run.

I had an avg HR of 136 but it got boring . I had to run all available loops behind work twice to get up to 40 min. I could not make myself do a 3rd repeat.

And guess what: I feel tired! and I have PVCs. This is so weird.
    It's a little secret you didn't know about us women. We're all closet Visigoths.

2008 Roy Hinnen O2 - Selle SMP Glider
    2009 Cube Axial WLS - Selle SMP Glider
    2007 Gary Fisher HiFi Plus - Specialized Alias

Quote Originally Posted by alpinerabbit View Post
    Hi Wahine - I was trying to be a good girl today - slow run.

I had an avg HR of 136 but it got boring . I had to run all available loops behind work twice to get up to 40 min. I could not make myself do a 3rd repeat.

And guess what: I feel tired! and I have PVCs. This is so weird.
    Good job on the average HR. But WTF on the PVC's. Is it possible that you have an electrolyte imbalance? Doesn't have to be potassium, it can happen with too little sodium or calcium. It's possible that it could happen with other minerals as well but I don't know too much about those.

If there's nothing seriously wrong with you and it's not your electrolytes, you might want to try acupuncture. They do treat these sorts of things from time to time and apart from the cost, you really don't have anything to lose. Oh, in case you were worried, they're not going to stick needles in your chest. Usually in the arms, hands and lower legs.

Yes, running slowly is boring. I do drills sometimes on slow runs to break it up. And remember, you must run slow to run fast, Grasshopper.

And remember, you must run slow to run fast, Grasshopper.
    If that's the case... I should be a speed demon in about one month!
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather, to skid in broadside thoroughly used-up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Wahine View Post
    And remember, you must run slow to run fast, Grasshopper.
    The moment I understand this beyond biochemistry, I shall have attained enlightenment.

Before enligthenment, chop wood and carry water. After enlightenment, chop wood and carry water....
    It's a little secret you didn't know about us women. We're all closet Visigoths.

2008 Roy Hinnen O2 - Selle SMP Glider
    2009 Cube Axial WLS - Selle SMP Glider
    2007 Gary Fisher HiFi Plus - Specialized Alias

Well, I finally got off my lazy butt today (Sunday)... and went to the gym to run 3 miles on the treadmill. It was a *slow* run, but I got that and 20 minutes on the stationary bike done.

This was after taking Friday off to go to Happy Hour after work... and Saturday because it was pouring down rain.

I'm glad I went and ran though! Put me at 10 miles for the week!
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather, to skid in broadside thoroughly used-up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!!"

I had a good run today. With an on again off again threat of rain all weekend, not mt biking for us, which is the normal Sunday workout. So I rousted the DH out of bed early and we did a trail run. He is recovering from a cracked rib(spectacular endo, took the bar end in the chest), so he has not run for probably close to 4 weeks.

So we decided to take it easy. I say that with a certain level of sarcasm, "easy" is not in the DH's vocabulary. But he was good to his word today. I have been searching for my.."gee I can go all day at this pace" pace, so this was a pefect opportunity. It was a beautiful morning in the woods. Moody, as they say in the highlands of Scotland. Foggy and soft. We spooked up some deer, one of which was a very nice buck. Came home and made brakfast sandwiches...yum....

We ran about 4.5 miles, and much to my surprise in a very good time of under 37 mins.

DH asked if we can go agin tomorrow...

So a Forrest Gump day today....

Ran yesterday. 90 min on the dread mill but get this... I had fun. "How is this possible" you might ask. Well I have a great iMix that I call 80's ladies and I ran faster during the uptempo songs and did 2% grade hills on the medium paced songs and recovered on the slow songs. I had the playlist on shuffle so I never knew what was coming next. This kept me from looking at the timer, changed it up to make it more like a run outside and I got to sing along which help me forget about the suffering.

I love my iPod.

The funniest thing was that I was in the cardio loft at the gym with a couple of conservative, new year's resolutioner types and I was watching an old episode of Six Feet Under. I realized that these ladies were looking at me then at the TV and suddenly I understood that they found the images of a gay couple kissing and dead people talking a little unnerving. I forgot how far "Out There" SFU was, for some people anyway. I kinda giggled to myself and thought, "you ladies need to get out more". Then I changed the channel to college basketball.