Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Sexual predator on the Nth Brisbane Cycling tracks... be careful when cycling alone!

To disable ads, please log-in.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/070102/23/11xtj.html

34 women have been attacked whilst running, walking or cycling alone in the last year. The attacks occured during any time of the day and they guy always gets his victims from behind.

Luckily this guy hasn't KILLED anyone yet...

It's scarey... I was on that track last week. (with BF) I don't think I'd like to ride there alone until they catch this bastard!!! Which is a shame cause it's a BEAUTIFUL track! And it has a full criterium circuit!

So be safe. I know I'm gonna bring up the whole headphone thing but this is a VERY strong case for NOT wearing headphones when Jogging or cycling because this lowlife has previously TARGETED women wearing headphones because they can't hear him coming.
    @LIGHTSABE*R(::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Beginner Triathlete Log

That is scary. I'm not in Australia, but I hope they catch the perpetrator soon.
    ~ Susie

"Keep plugging along. The finish line is getting closer with every step. When you see it, you won't remember that you are hurting, that anything has gone wrong, or just how slow or fast you are.
    You will just know that you are going to finish and that was what you set out to do."
    -- Michael Pate, "When Big Boys Tri"

God that's awful Light. I hope they catch the jerk soon.

Last year we had a guy attacking women cyclists after dark in Lyneham which is on my way home. Annoyed me that i had to alter my lifestyle (ie leave before dark) but i wasnt going to be his next victim.

All you girls take care.
    To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived — This is to have succeeded - Emerson

It continues... 35 women have now been attacked in the northern suburbs. Police have just offered a reward... 50000AUD for information leading to a conviction.

aparently the last cyclist he attacked CHASED him. (and good on her too!!!)

This guy is fast and "SMILED" as he looked back. So she's gotten the best description of him so far.

The cops have to get these bastards!!! They've released two comfit images in the courier mail today and I hope they swoop down and get him!

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...rom=public_rss
    http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...40-952,00.html

Safety tips
    POLICE yesterday began handing out red Stepping Out Safely cards to women in Brisbane following a spate of sex attacks in the city. The card suggests nine steps to avoiding violence:

1. Survey surroundings
    2. Assertive communication
    3. Fear creates vulnerability
    4. Exercise with others
    5. Alternate routes
    6. Carry a phone
    7. Inform others
    8. Secure property
    9. Enjoy yourself

Beginner Triathlete Log

I'm really surprised they haven't caught this guy yet .... I mean it's been a year and 35 attacks? This guy is either very very smart or very very lucky.

Here's hoping they nail him soon.

Walk without fear Community Rally

For all those TE members in Brisbane, Australia I'm not sure if you've heard about the Walk Without Fear Community Rally that is happening this Sunday (14th January 2007).

It's in response to the creeps that are committing sexual assaults on women in our parks and walkways. I really think its worthwhile so I will be going along:

Walk Without Fear Community Rally
    10am, Sunday January 14
    McCaskie Park
    Crn Kelvin Grove Road and Blamey St
    Kelvin Grove

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...5011700,00.htm

See you there
    Mel

I'll be riding to it.

I'll see you there mel!!!

PS; Just heard on the news another women was attacked this afternoon!!! That's two in two days!!!
    Last edited by light_sabe_r; 01-09-2007 at 10:24 PM.

Beginner Triathlete Log