Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Smile looking for new riders

To disable ads, please log-in.

Greetings from PEI, looking for some roadies or mtn bike (not technical) pals to cycle with in Charlottetown area. There are three of us and we want to increase. We often go out at 6:30 am rides. E me if your around here. Thanks Guru
    guru

Hey, I'm from Halifax Nova Scotia. It may not be PEI, but it's at least the east coast. If you're looking for more people to ride with you could always check out www.ecmtb.com (east coast mountain biking).

Maybe we could hook up if you're going to come to NS for mtb races or anything like that (I hope that I'll do a couple of races this summer). Also if you're in the Halifax area you should come for a ride with the SingleTrack Mudpack, a women's bike club here.

Good luck on finding more people to ride with.

April 8th
    Thanks for the invite, hard to get off Island with my work schedule but will keep it in mind. Are you gals hard core riders?I am not into beating myself up so tend to leave out stumps and rocks and stick with something a little tamer Thanks Guru
    guru

Last year was my first year for the group. There were all skill levels, from women who just wanted to try mountain biking out to hard core racers. It was very friendly atmosphere, and it was great having the more experianced riders giving tips on technique. Depending on the group that would show up we'd try a trail that every one could ride, or divide into two groups. It was really a great experiance and I can't wait for it to start up this year.

BTW- there was also a road biking faction of this group, but I only attended one of their rides. Once again it was a good group and no one bothered me about being sluggish on the ride (lots of hills, early in season and I was riding a mountain bike without slicks - that's my defence and I'm sticking to it!)

April 8th

Hi:

Thanks for your info now if we can motivate some people here to get together for either would be fun, perhaps I will pass this site around to a few friends. Sounds like a fun group you have. I always see lots of women cyclists in passing but rarely catch up to them(pun intended). Some of our road rides are 70-130 kms a day, we don't poke along, we inspire each other. I can't wait for the weather to warm up. I am leaving for B.C. for next ten days so hope to do a few mountain rides. Take care Guru
    guru