Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Nationals

Nationals

To disable ads, please log-in.

OK. Who's going? Anyone planning on going to spectate? I'm racing Friday morning (at 10:30), and Sunday morning (at 8:30). I'll be around most of the day both days.

If you're going to be there, let's try to connect!

SheFly

Good luck!

V.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica View Post
    Good luck!

V.
    Thanks! I'm expecting to be pack fodder, but it will be fun!

And Happy 40th, V!

SheFly

Well....

Hubby just got home from a ski trip and one knee looks like he shoved a grapefruit under the skin.... He is going to try to ride tomorrow, but if he can't do it without pain, then no Nats for him! We were thinking about coming down to spectate anyhow, but I think that it would be hard for him to watch and not participate.... I will know more later this week!
    The best rides are the ones where you bite off much more than you can chew--and live through it.

Quote Originally Posted by telegirl View Post
    Hubby just got home from a ski trip and one knee looks like he shoved a grapefruit under the skin.... He is going to try to ride tomorrow, but if he can't do it without pain, then no Nats for him! We were thinking about coming down to spectate anyhow, but I think that it would be hard for him to watch and not participate.... I will know more later this week!
    Oh No! That was my greatest fear as DH and I were skiing this weekend (and all the yahoos were about) - doing something to prevent me from racing this coming weekend. I am so sorry to hear that hubby may not be able to race! Tell him to take it easy for sure, and I hope things get better for him.

SheFly

SheFly
    I will def. be down there friday as spectator, will yell for ya. Hopefully have cowbells, too!

Did you go to providence last year? Do you know if there was alot of trouble finding parking? I might take the train down from boston.

Joan
    Crediamo in te, bici!

Good luck to you! I wish I was going. I'm registered, but I just can't afford the trip this year. I raced natz at Providence last year. Fell three times and came in dead last. There are some great photos of me sitting on my butt in the snow (during the race). I hope you have a better experience. I'll definitely be there in Kansas City next year.

Some of our Wisco CAT 1/2 CX racers kicked major butt at nationals last year. They had 1st place finishes in Master Women 45-49, Junior Women 15-16, Junior Women 13-14.....which is why I'm so content racing Cat 3!
    Just keep pedaling.

Quote Originally Posted by ChainsOflove View Post
    SheFly
    I will def. be down there friday as spectator, will yell for ya. Hopefully have cowbells, too!

Did you go to providence last year? Do you know if there was alot of trouble finding parking? I might take the train down from boston.

Joan
    Thanks, Chains! Let me know how I will recognize you. I will be in kit (red, white and blue), but so will about 4 or 5 others from my team. Let's try to connect to at least put a face to a screen name.

This is my first year at Natz, so I'm not sure about the parking situation...

See you on Friday!

SheFly (Cathy)

Quote Originally Posted by velogirl View Post
    Good luck to you! I wish I was going. I'm registered, but I just can't afford the trip this year. I raced natz at Providence last year. Fell three times and came in dead last. There are some great photos of me sitting on my butt in the snow (during the race). I hope you have a better experience. I'll definitely be there in Kansas City next year.
    I am SO BUMMED that you won't be at Natz, Lorri! It would have been great to meet you. I will have part of you with me though, for luck .

The weather forecast for the weekend is looking promising - temps in the 40s and DRY. After this weekend, Mother Nature can dump tons of the white stuff, but I'll take the forecast the way it currently stands.

Thanks for the good wishes! I'll post a report ...

SheFly

Quote Originally Posted by madisongrrl View Post
    Some of our Wisco CAT 1/2 CX racers kicked major butt at nationals last year. They had 1st place finishes in Master Women 45-49, Junior Women 15-16, Junior Women 13-14.....which is why I'm so content racing Cat 3!
    Glad I don't fall into any of those categories . As it stand, though, my field on Friday is STACKED with Elite women riders... I'm fully expecting a back of the pack finish, but it will be fun just to be there. Besides, I've never raced in a field of almost 60 women before (on Sunday)!

SheFly

Cathy

I am 5/5 with dark short hair (eww just got it cut today), wearing jeans. Also I'll prob be with a kind of small guy with bleached blond hair. He's a pro mountain biker!

You are NEBC/cycleloft, right? Don't worry, we'll find ya!
    Crediamo in te, bici!