Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping

TE-DC ride - Sunday, Dec 17th

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hi all.
    I wanted to start a new thread to keep things clean. Join us one and all!
    Here's the details:
    Road ride moderate pace (16-20 mph cruising) - or as much as we can sustain, since it seems like we're not getting the mileage in that we used to!
    Depart from The Bicycle Place's back parking lot - 8313 Grubb Road Silver Spring, MD 20910.
    Ride from the BP, drop into Rock Creek Park, and come back out - to Garrett Park and return. All told, 25-27 miles or so.
    Time of departure: 9 a.m.? Is that okay? Or is 10 better?
    The shop will not be open at 9, but there will be a bunch of riders' vehicles there for the group ride that leaves at 8:30 (sometimes 8:45, ahem). So, if you want to oggle some fancy bikes (forget the guys!), this is the time and place to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Regina View Post
    Time of departure: 9 a.m.? Is that okay? Or is 10 better?
    The Saturday overnight low is predicted to be 45 degrees, so it sounds like the weather will not really be a factor in the decision...Split the difference and call it 9:30?
    I'd rather be swimming...biking...running...and eating cheesecake...
    --===--

2008 Cervelo P2C Tri bike
    2011 Trek Madone 5.5/Cobb V-Flow Max
    2007 Jamis Coda/Terry Liberator
    2011 Trek Mamba 29er

9:30 works for me!

9:30 works for me.

Will you be bringing cue sheets/maps? Or can you post your mapped route again? Don't know what stuff looks like up there at the north end.

Here is the general route.
    http://www.routeslip.com/map.php?map=15804
    For some reason, it seems to have truncated the route by cutting off the first 25% or so - but the route starts where it ends, so you can just find the end point and follow it across the creek and into the park to pick up with the start of the text. I don't know if it's because the turn directions I entered are longer than the space allowed in the drop-down window or what.
    I will try to correct this and/or bring a few copies of the correct route slip with me. I probably won't be able to get to it until Saturday a.m., however, as I am swamped at work and at home right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Regina View Post
    Here is the general route.
    http://www.routeslip.com/map.php?map=15804
    For some reason, it seems to have truncated the route by cutting off the first 25% or so - but the route starts where it ends, so you can just find the end point and follow it across the creek and into the park to pick up with the start of the text. I don't know if it's because the turn directions I entered are longer than the space allowed in the drop-down window or what.
    I will try to correct this and/or bring a few copies of the correct route slip with me. I probably won't be able to get to it until Saturday a.m., however, as I am swamped at work and at home right now.
    How did this turn from a ride with 800 feet of climbing to one with 1400?

See you at 9:30
    --===--

2011 Trek Mamba 29er

Quote Originally Posted by MDHillSlug View Post
    How did this turn from a ride with 800 feet of climbing to one with 1400?

See you at 9:30
    I think that was my route that took us "off road" in several instances. I'd say a fair estimate is somewhere in between the two.

See you!

I mapped it too, because I wanted to see what it'd be like to bike out to the start point (I could go under 10mph and probably still make it faster than in my car). There must be some mistakes with the elevation. http://routeslip.com/map.php?map=16554

I probably will be driving though b/c it looks like the team will be doing something like this tomorrow: http://routeslip.com/map.php?map=16638

I'm going to be dead. That's the hardest ride I've done (if I make it). Some people are going to keep on going out to Sugarloaf for a century. Ugh. I hope I've fixed my saddle position issue. If you see me all alone out on the road, come rescue me. Thanks.

Y'all mind if a couple more people join? Morghan is going to try to make it this time (she's working this weekend again). She's going to call me if she's late or not coming.

One of my teammates also wants to join. Umm....I'm trying to remember what her bike looks like...I think she's got a TMobile paint scheme.

I wound up doing only 35 miles or so today. So I think my legs could use the warmup of a slow bike out to the start up the parkway / beach. So if you don't see me, I'm probably lost. Maybe you can find me in the park.

Is there a big hill there on W beach or Grubb right before the shop or is that a routeslip error?

Okay. I give up on Routeslip. It seems determined to mess with my head and when I worked to fix it - it cut off the first 25% again!
    I'll bring some copies of what I have to the shop. I'll explain it all there if you have any questions.

Quote Originally Posted by aicabsolut View Post
    Y'all mind if a couple more people join? Morghan is going to try to make it this time (she's working this weekend again). She's going to call me if she's late or not coming.

One of my teammates also wants to join. Umm....I'm trying to remember what her bike looks like...I think she's got a TMobile paint scheme.

I wound up doing only 35 miles or so today. So I think my legs could use the warmup of a slow bike out to the start up the parkway / beach. So if you don't see me, I'm probably lost. Maybe you can find me in the park.

Is there a big hill there on W beach or Grubb right before the shop or is that a routeslip error?
    Oops...didn't see this before I posted.
    I don't have a problem with more. I'm just not too speedy as I haven't ridden much...and the thought of chasing a bunch of college-aged racers! Oy! Well, all I can say is..."Be kind."

Oh, and there's a minor grade up Primrose/Grubb, but it's not huge. W. Beach is essentially flat.

Ok, because routeslip was giving me some 150+ft hill there.

Morghan has been chained to her desk and only spinning some for the past several weeks. And the girl from the team hasn't raced before and she's not crazy fast. She prefers to do that crazy ultra-endurance stuff.

I don't have as many cues on my route as you have, and i've got the route up to BP mapped, but feel free to use any of that map you want. I think I copied it right, though you might want to check the turn-around point.

I've remapped the route with a real start at the Bicycle Place. There are a few impressive climbs.

I'll print out several copies of the cue sheet.

As Regina says, please be kind to these old legs
    --===--

2011 Trek Mamba 29er

Quote Originally Posted by MDHillSlug View Post
    I've remapped the route with a real start at the Bicycle Place. There are a few impressive climbs.

I'll print out several copies of the cue sheet.
    You rock! Thanks. It's got to be something with my internet connection or my browser.