Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

# 11722 is off in an hour....

To disable ads, please log-in.

.... on my first RUN!

Wish me luck....
    It's a little secret you didn't know about us women. We're all closet Visigoths.

2008 Roy Hinnen O2 - Selle SMP Glider
    2009 Cube Axial WLS - Selle SMP Glider
    2007 Gary Fisher HiFi Plus - Specialized Alias

Good Luck !

Wishing you all the best!
    Jennifer

“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
    -Mahatma Gandhi

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit."
    -Aristotle

Back, 8.6 K in something over 48 minutes. I almost died. Not really but it was tough, legs hurting after 2 of 4 rounds - DBF was pulling me all along, he said he wasn't even exhausted, I had an average HR of 181. And as my last meal was at 12.30 probably not enough fuel.

But I made it, unlike the guy I saw collapse 100 m before the finish. He went to his knees, they tried to pick him up - he got up again and 3 people needed to restrain him. Didn't see what happened then, as I was glad I saw the arch...

EDIT: official time is 47:15!
    Last edited by alpinerabbit; 12-10-2006 at 10:33 AM.
    It's a little secret you didn't know about us women. We're all closet Visigoths.

CONGRATULATIONS !!
    Jennifer

-Mahatma Gandhi

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit."
    -Aristotle

Congratulations

Great job!!!!

Sounds like a hard, but satisfying race.

CONGRATULATIONS!
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather, to skid in broadside thoroughly used-up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!!"

Congrats, alpinerabbit!

I'm just musing - at this pace I would run a 3:50 marathon and that would be nowhere near possible, I'da dropped to the ground in another few 100 meters.

This was a real eye-opener to what it really takes. Like 20 rounds of what I ran 4 times. So that lady on the "Marathon book" thread should probably reevaluate her aspirations.

I was thinking about that. At my comfortable running pace, in theory, I would run a 4:33 marathon, but I could not even keep my slower comfortable pace up that long. Not even a small chance. I will start with 5Ks, 10Ks, and slowly work my way up to half marathons. I want to continue to enjoy running.
    Jennifer

-Mahatma Gandhi

-Aristotle