Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

tour de pink

To disable ads, please log-in.

yeah, that hasn't been too promising for me either, but I haven't really campaigned much. Since the minimum is $75 (I think including the $25 entry fee, but maybe not), I figure that even if I don't get a lot of pledges I can just put up the other $50 myself. It's a good enough cause, and we try to donate to Komen every year anyway. May as well support another breast cancer charity, too.

But I am hoping to raise funds from other sources, so I suppose I should get working on that.

adventure race

Is anyone doing the adventure race in The Woodlands on labor day? My husband and I will probably do it as a team. It looks like fun. You bike, run, swim, navigate, and find clues to the mystery questions.
    Life is what we make it, always has been, always will be. ~Grandma Moses

I think I've found a new love! The adventure race was so much fun, I felt like a kid again. It wasn't very long but it was worth doing. Me and my husband laughed a lot, at ourselves and with other people. The race benefited the youth tri team in the woodlands. They will be holding the race again next year and I can hardly wait.

Is there a site that has a list of Texas cycling events? A place I can find out about all the different rides this fall?

“Hey, clearly failure doesn’t deter me!”

I can share a few links. The last you can do a search for your region/state.

www.bicycletexas.com
    www.active.com
    www.bikereg.com

Pooks - try this one, too. A local guy does it and there are reviews of each ride.

http://www.texas-cycling.com/

Artisan, I saw the stuff on the Adventure Race. I thought it looked like a blast. I wanted to do it with my husband, but never having done it before, I was a little timid. I just didn't know how that kind of thing worked.

When you do the biking part, do you each ride your own bike, or do you share one bike in different parts of the race?

I am a HUGE Amazing Race fan, so I think I would LOVE something like this.

This race we both had to ride separate bikes and stay within five feet of each other during every aspect of the race. I had an issue at the beginning with the running, didn't have my inhaler with me so we were last at the finish of the run. During the biking sections of it is where we excelled, we moved up 37 positions from last place, we finished 10th of 47 teams. You would have done great with your running training you have been doing, no need to have been timid. There was nothing too serious about this race, it was all about laughing and having fun! There were a few parent/child teams as it was family orientated.

My husband is also a big amazing race fan, so much that he has searched the web trying to find out how to get on the show.

I rode the Paws and Puddles ride today. Was anyone else there?

Riding in Katy

Midget -

Where do you ride? My bf recently moved to Katy, and he (and I) are looking for places to ride. We've ridden with the Mustang/Wood Group MS 150 team for the last couple of years and are somewhat familiar with the area....but we really aren't sure where people put in most of their miles.

-Emily

Quote Originally Posted by Meaux
    I rode the Paws and Puddles ride today. Was anyone else there?
    Sorry Meaux. I wanted to do the Paws and Puddles, but it was a little too far for me to drive and I couldn't convince anyone in my family to go with me. So I did the Tour de Pink yesterday. Hope you had fun! How was the wind down there?

Quote Originally Posted by texas_emily
    Midget -

Where do you ride? My bf recently moved to Katy, and he (and I) are looking for places to ride. We've ridden with the Mustang/Wood Group MS 150 team for the last couple of years and are somewhat familiar with the area....but we really aren't sure where people put in most of their miles.

-Emily
    I usually ride basically from Katy Mills Mall down to the Fulshear Shell station and back. Of course, sometimes I shake it up a bit and go through Brookshire too. Where in Katy does your bf live? I live in old Katy. Most of the big group rides make a round trip to the Fulshear Shell and back, it just depends on your starting point. Some start on Mason Road and some start at the mall. I think I am going to do a ride with PABadger this Sunday, y'all are welcome to join up! PM me for further details.

Quote Originally Posted by midgetcycler
    Sorry Meaux. I wanted to do the Paws and Puddles, but it was a little too far for me to drive and I couldn't convince anyone in my family to go with me. So I did the Tour de Pink yesterday. Hope you had fun! How was the wind down there?
    The wind wasn't bad at all. There was a bit of a headwind on the way back, and it was cloudy most of the time (good for me and my fair skin!!).

is it just me or is there ALWAYS a head wind when you're coming back? I mean, on ALL my rides it seems like that's where I hit it! Last week on my short rides, I would be kicking butt (thinking I am all that and more) on the first half of my ride, so I would actually go just a little farther on the "out" part of my ride. Then when I get to my turnaround point, it is just WHAM I get slapped in the face by that wall of wind. One day it took me an additional 10 minutes to get back the wind was so strong. I went from 18-20 mph on the way out to 13 mph on the way back, and fighting that with every revolution of the pedals.

And then Sunday on the TDP, there was a ton of wind on the second half. Did you notice it too amelia05 or am I just a wind-weeny?

no...there was definitely a headwind on the way back. After the turnaround in Brookshire, my pace dropped off a cliff. Part of it was that I was tired and the temperature had gone up, but most of it was the wind. Didn't get much relief from it until the very end, and then there was the uphill finish. My average speed dropped from 16.4 mph after 20 miles to 14.1 by the end.