Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Rheidis73 - Yes, my husband and I are going to do it again. We will do the 100 miles. We did 55 miles last Saturday and 57 miles the weekend before. I have a feeling it will live up to its name this year! Last year it was in the 70's(temperature). It was fun. The rest stops are great and the people were very friendly!

Hi Denda!
    That is so cool that your spouse can ride with you. I have been married for 11 years now, but my husband is not into cycling. He does body building, so like to keep a lot of the cardio out, but I wish he did ride. I need a cycling buddy!

57 miles is great! But I am sure is feels really good to finish the 100. I believe also, that this year, it is going to be "Hotter 'n Hell" ! It is hot already!

I met a girl here off of TE and she was needing a riding partner for the HHH ride. So, I pretty much think we are going to meet up for the ride. I am sure I will sign up for the 100 and I will either camp there or try and see if there are any room available there.

Thank for the HHH ride input...Good luck on the ride!
    Heidi

Just now found this Thread, sorry. I'm another TX girl. I live in Killeen, about an hour from Austin. I just recently started riding. Use to ride years ago, and am trying to get back into it. I always loved it before, but just never seemed to be able to find the time to stick with it.
    I'm a SAHM, now and my son is almost 12 so I have a little more freedom when it comes to doing things for myself. Although, once you become a SAHM, everyone comes out of the woodwork on all the time you have to be able to do things for others.

Anyway, I have started riding again the past few weeks and am enjoying it very much. I live outside the city limits so I ride around out here on the rodes in the country area, although it probably won't be long before we are pulled into the city limits.

Anyway, just wanted to get on here and say hi, to all the TX girls and maybe someday hope to meet up with some of you.

Quote Originally Posted by DDH
    Just now found this Thread, sorry. I'm another TX girl. I live in Killeen, about an hour from Austin. I just recently started riding. Use to ride years ago, and am trying to get back into it. I always loved it before, but just never seemed to be able to find the time to stick with it.
    I'm a SAHM, now and my son is almost 12 so I have a little more freedom when it comes to doing things for myself. Although, once you become a SAHM, everyone comes out of the woodwork on all the time you have to be able to do things for others.

Anyway, I have started riding again the past few weeks and am enjoying it very much. I live outside the city limits so I ride around out here on the rodes in the country area, although it probably won't be long before we are pulled into the city limits.

Anyway, just wanted to get on here and say hi, to all the TX girls and maybe someday hope to meet up with some of you.
    Hey there! Welcome to the Texas forum...I live near Nacogdoches, so if you ever get up this way, give me a holler...I am still needing a riding partner in this area..I ride alone all the time...Glad to hear you are back into cycling..It helps with stress, plus the lovely "frosting" that some wome aquire after 30 ! LOL Hope you keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by rheidis73
    Hi Amanda,
    Yes, I know aboout the Pineywoods ride and I plan on doing that one too. My mother-in-law wants to do that one, so am sure we are only going to do the 25 or 26 mile ride. She just started riding, but hasn't gotten much on the bike lately. Are you going to be at that ride too?
    Heidi

Heidi- I just saw this... I don't think we are planning to ride this year. We would like to do it, but DH is in the process of changing jobs. I would like to do this ride though.

Mark your calendar for next year's Beauty and The Beast in Tyler, it is a Metric Century. We did it this May and it was hands down my favorite single day ride. Beautiful, challenging and great support.

Did you see the Big Dam Bridge ride under the charity thread? We are thinking of making the trip to Little Rock for that one. Sounds like fun!
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

Quote Originally Posted by Aggie_Ama
    Heidi- I just saw this... I don't think we are planning to ride this year. We would like to do it, but DH is in the process of changing jobs. I would like to do this ride though.

Mark your calendar for next year's Beauty and The Beast in Tyler, it is a Metric Century. We did it this May and it was hands down my favorite single day ride. Beautiful, challenging and great support.

Did you see the Big Dam Bridge ride under the charity thread? We are thinking of making the trip to Little Rock for that one. Sounds like fun!
    Thanks Amanda for the info on the rides. I didn't know the few that you brought up. I too, have to work around little DH, work and daughter. She says that she barely sees me anymore since I got into this horrible habit. That is why I try and ride as early as I can in the morning!

Maybe we can meet up for Beauty and The Beast ride. I am sure you ride MUCH faster! But I am willing to try

Looked up the BDB100 on-line and that would be great. I think my husband will be at work at the time, (he doesn't ride) but I am thinking too to drive up for that. Are you doing 100? Let me know if you are going for sure...Maybe we all can ride tother.

Hello everyone. I am in Katy TX. Didn't see anyone else in this thread from my area! I ride solo out here a lot. I occasionally go up to Cypress/Hockley area to ride with my Dad. Would love to find more riding partners!

I am planning to do the Tour de Pink September 10 up in Hempstead. Anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by rheidis73
    Looked up the BDB100 on-line and that would be great. I think my husband will be at work at the time, (he doesn't ride) but I am thinking too to drive up for that. Are you doing 100? Let me know if you are going for sure...Maybe we all can ride tother.
    Heidi- We don't know if we are going to be heading up for the BDB100. It would be a 9-hour drive, but we did it recently. Neither of us have rode out of state, so I think it would be fun. We may not know we are going for a couple weeks, I would love to meet some other TE people at the start. If we go my husband insists on the longest length, so I guess it would be my second century!

We definitely plan to be at the Beauty and The Beast next May. We could meet up and let my DH blow his legs up. He usually holds back for me, I know he is itching to ride something as fast as he can and just doesn't want to drop me alone.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

Heidi- We don't know if we are going to be heading up for the BDB100. It would be a 9-hour drive, but we did it recently. Neither of us have rode out of state, so I think it would be fun. We may not know we are going for a couple weeks, I would love to meet some other TE people at the start. If we go my husband insists on the longest length, so I guess it would be my second century!

We definitely plan to be at the Beauty and The Beast next May. We could meet up and let my DH blow his legs up. He usually holds back for me, I know he is itching to ride something as fast as he can and just doesn't want to drop me alone.
    Hi Amanda...
    I think Little Rock area is about 5-6 hours for me. I think nine hours is a long way to drive to bike...

I have Beauty and the Beast in my calender. That would be fun to meet up and ride with ya'll. It sounds like your DH is quite a rider though, so, I am not sure if I could keep up with him. I ride around a 15 MPH pace...Maybe, by then I will be riding faster...

We will definetly have to keep in touch and see what other rides are coming about in this area.

Heidi

How about the Piney Woods Purgatory in Lufkin? Last year Hurricane Rita forced it to be canceled, but I have heard it is a good ride.
    That looks wonderful -- but it's the day before the Austin LIVESTRONG! Sigh. Will be doing the Austin, but maybe next year!

“Hey, clearly failure doesn’t deter me!”

Smile North of Houston

Hi everybody,

I live in The Woodlands north of Houston. Anybody is welcome to bike with us.

Therese

Resi, Do you bike with the woodlands cycling club? I'm a member and sometimes ride on the sunday ride that meets at the woodforest bank. I've done the tuesday and thursday training rides but it gets a bit expensive with gas cost to drive up there so often. It'd be great to get together to do a ride sometime.
    Life is what we make it, always has been, always will be. ~Grandma Moses

Artisan,
    no, I am not a member of The Woodlands cycling club, maybe one day...

We are a couple of people which meet on fridays or on the weekends for mountain- and/or roadbiking.

If you are interested I put you on the weekly mailinglist.

Therese

Another WCC member

I'm also Woodlands Cycling club...I lead the beginner ride on Saturdays.

And midgetcycler--I'm doing the Tour de Pink, too. Probably the 63-mile, but with my lack of long-distance training lately, I may end up cutting it to 40. We'll see, I guess.

Joy

Joy, I'm considering doing the 63 mile route. I'm just making sure I can raise the funds for the pledges prior to committing to it. It's not looking too promising so far, I get word back later today.
    Life is what we make it, always has been, always will be. ~Grandma Moses