Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

If any of you get to the big D over Thanksgiving, lets go ride!
    The space and time for what you WANT is being occupied by what you have settled for

"You say bark I say bite / You say shark I say hey man / Jaws was never my scene / And I don't like Star Wars"

BikeDFW - Dallas and Fort Worth Area Cycling Advocacy Organization

Thought I'd drop a line and say hi since I don't think I had here before. I'm a transplant out of the Dallas area (grew up in Garland and went to RISD schools) and miss the area and friends there. I'm planning on visiting again at some point but time is always difficult. I have a sister who still lives in the area and it would be a nice reason to see my niece

Mel

Well ring me up if you are in the area and want to ride - i SO need to get back on my weekend riding schedule! And my Thursday nighter....and my wednesday am....and.....

Good lord have I been off the bike!!!!!!
    The space and time for what you WANT is being occupied by what you have settled for

"You say bark I say bite / You say shark I say hey man / Jaws was never my scene / And I don't like Star Wars"

[QUOTE=Technotart]Well ring me up if you are in the area and want to ride[quote]

If I'm in the area I definately will

i SO need to get back on my weekend riding schedule! And my Thursday nighter....and my wednesday am....and.....

Good lord have I been off the bike!!!!!!
    heh I rarely feel that way but I pedal to work... unfortunately work is only 1.5 miles away so I don't always get enough miles in... So instead I just feel like a slacker some nights because I get on the trainer instead. :/

But, we gotta get you back on the bike

Mel

Hi y'all!!!

I live in Amarillo. If you come to the panhandle, bring your road and mountain bikes. We have rides every day of the week. (and if there isn't one scheduled, contact me. I'll line one up.) Palo Duro Canyon is a great place to ride the trails on your mountain bike. We also ride the road in Palo Duro Canyon and climb the hill. In this flat panhandle, you've got to find great hill rides. We have a Ladies Ride on Tuesday nights.

We're doing the Santa Fe Century on May 21.
    Then the NAMI ride in Pampa on June 24.
    Our MS 150 is July 28-29 from Amarillo to Canadian.
    Our local bike club will host the Old Tascosa Cycling Classic over Labor day weekend. There will road races, criteriums, and tours plus family events. Its a great event. Everyone is welcome to participate.

If you're visiting family in the panhandle or need a stopover, join us for a ride. Look us up on the Old Tascosa website: otc@grindersbox.com

My son usually goes and races in the Tascosa race! He loves it!

Dumas, Texas

I live in Dumas, Texas. My husband and I ride our mountain bikes at Palo Duro Canyon. We ride our rode bikes from Amarillo to our house north of Dumas when we can. We did it this past Sunday. It was a 67.5 mile ride. We live in the country, so I get most of my miles just riding the rodes out by our house.

In San Antonio

I'm in San Antonio. Ride mostly in the Helotes area. I just did my first MS150 last year .. and now training for the Bike to the Beach in October '06. I am also looking for folks to ride with.

Hi LeeAnn- I am in San Antonio too. Do I know you? I ride regularly with the wheelmen and you are welcome to join us. Don't be scared by the men in wheelmen, there are lot of nice women in the club. I'd meet you at a ride this weekend, except that I am heaved off to cape cod for 6 weeks, but at least that will get me out of the texas heat! I will PM you when I am back. -e

Here in the Nacogdoches area if anyone is around this area. I am new to riding. Only since last October(2005), but would like to do a Century sometime im the near future. Furthest ride was 50 miles. I ride myself most of the time, so I would like to find some more to ride the roads with. If there are any rides that come up that are in the east Texas area, please let me know!

Smile

Rheidis73, do you know about the Hotter'N Hell Hundred in Wichita Falls. It is this Aug. 26th. www.hh100.org.

Rheidis73, do you know about the Hotter'N Hell Hundred in Wichita Falls. It is this Aug. 26th

Hey there Denda..yes, I have read of the Hotter'N Hell ride. I was thinking about doing it next year, but since you write of it, I am getting a buzz to try and do it this August. I am sure after riding in the heat and humidity here in east Texas, hopefully, my body has gotten adjusted to some of it. Are you doing the ride? What are you going for? (miles) I have only ridden 50 miles a few times. The majority has been 30-40 miles on my long ride and then about 15-20 on the short rides. I would love to do it though to at least say that I was part of it!

How about the Piney Woods Purgatory in Lufkin? Last year Hurricane Rita forced it to be canceled, but I have heard it is a good ride.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

Rheidis73 - Yes, my husband and I are going to do it again. We will do the 100 miles. We did 55 miles last Saturday and 57 miles the weekend before. I have a feeling it will live up to its name this year! Last year it was in the 70's(temperature). It was fun. The rest stops are great and the people were very friendly!

Hi Amanda,
    Yes, I know aboout the Pineywoods ride and I plan on doing that one too. My mother-in-law wants to do that one, so am sure we are only going to do the 25 or 26 mile ride. She just started riding, but hasn't gotten much on the bike lately. Are you going to be at that ride too?
    Heidi