Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

where's dinner before the ride?

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by roguedog View Post
    Ok gals, i'm getting a little nervous about this ride...

On the Valley Spokesman website, they describe the ride as "It is mostly flat with a few moderate hills."

But then I see training rides where they're talking about all this hill climbing.
    What they all sed, it's not the hills as the headwinds. After lunch on the Cindy it's flat till Lemon Drop and headwinds can be bothersome. Last year was just insane. There is a short steep hill after the first rest stop that's more challenging than Lemon Drop but nothing you can't do.

The last Lunachix ride, the 40 miles takes in the most scenic parts of the Cindy and is one of my favorite routes 'round here.

Registered or not you should go.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    N+1 bike ~ Brompton
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Hey Roguedog...
    I rode the Cindy for the first time last year. I'm not a very strong rider (more of a plodder and I suck on hills) and I thought the course was pretty easy. There is a hill in a residential area at the beginning of the ride that was a little hard, but not too bad and then Cross Road (which I think Trek was alluding to) that wasn't too hard either. Just keep turning the cranks. I didn't do Lemon Drop because of the aforementioned head winds. I quit after the lunch stop and took the paddy wagon, er, I mean the SAG vehicle back to the start. I'm still glad I did the ride, though. It was fun! You'll be fine!!
    fides quaerens intellectum (faith seeking understanding) - St. Anselm of Canterbury

<scratching head> wondering if i should be ok or if you all are conspiring against me!

alright.. alright.. i'll shut up now. sorry, haven't done of these organized rides. don't really know what to expect. nor can i find route info.

slinke - you doing it this year?

am recruiting some other fools.. i mean friends to do this but none of us has done it so we're like Team Newbie hehe

I'm hoping that my Cindarella app comes in the mail today (Wednesday) I think they were supposed to be mailed out on Monday. I really want to get in so I can ride it again.

Nope, not doing it this year. My feet tell me that anything over about 50 miles makes them unhappy (develop a Morton's neuroma in my left foot), so, in the interest of my tootsies, I'm not doing metrics anymore.

I would love to do it again, if I could! It was a lot of fun and the company was great!
    fides quaerens intellectum (faith seeking understanding) - St. Anselm of Canterbury

Roguedog, you'll be fine. Cindy 2003 was my first organized ride. I was with friends with much more riding experience. Fortunately, one was (is) a mother hen and stayed with me the whole way. I did just fine. Even on the hills I was so nervous about. Even after waking up that morning with a yeast infection It's a fun fun ride. Be sure to polish your tiara before attaching it to your helmet .
    Health is the thing that makes you feel like now is the best time of the year--Franklin Pierce Adams

5400+ Registration forms went out Tuesday afternoon.

Send it in the same day you get it!

p.s. while I agree that online registration would be so much more efficient, something must be said about the excitement of waiting for the form to arrive and getting it in the mail before thousands of other hopefuls....
    Cheers!

Cindy

Team Luna Chix

The form arrived today. I see they've added a Cinderella Challenge, for experienced, fit riders only. Interesting. It also says the police will be watching very closely this year - watching for riders not obeying traffic laws. Maybe that will stop people from riding 3 and 4 abreast, and making everyone look bad.

Quote Originally Posted by slinkedog View Post
    I seem to remember V having some sort of data on the ride...
    It was on my stolen laptop.

Maybe a search will turn it up since I have referenced it here.

I spent a few minute looking for it and couldn't find it. It REALLY is a pretty flat ride, with maybe 1500 feet of climbing in it.

V.
    Last edited by Veronica; 01-24-2007 at 08:16 PM.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

hey guys,

i got my form today (ya!) but i'm confused. at the bottom it says $30 but in the right column it says $35.

Which do i pay?

And I take it there's no online registration.

nm - i went to the valleyspokesman website

"Sign your registration form and mail it with your check in the amount of $35 to:
    Valley Spokesmen, P. O. Box 2630, Dublin CA 94568-0784"

The 3rd Cindy training ride is this Sun., Feb. 4. We are meeting at the Fremont Bart (Mowry & Mission). Roll time is 0900.
    No one will be dropped. We will be cycling mini Calaveras Loop.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    N+1 bike ~ Brompton
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Cinderella route info

Here's the Valley Spokesmen posted route sheet for the Cindy:

http://www.valleyspokesmen.org/route...llaClassic.htm

spazz-o-research
    no regrets!

My ride: 2003 Specialized Allez Comp - zebra (men's 52cm), Speedplay X5 pedals, Koobi Au Enduro saddle

Spazzdog Ink Gallery
    http://www.printroom.com/pro/gratcliff