Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Coastal GA / SC ?

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hey, I'm from Savannah which is not exactly a cycling city. I'll be going home something like the last week of December / first week of January.

I typically make some treks out to horse farms and other stuff in Rincon/Garden City GA, Bluffton, Hilton Head, and Beaufort SC when I'm at home. But I might be able to go as far as the St Simons area south or out to Richmond hill (but it's been a while since I knew where I was going out there in a car).

I've got a road bike. Anyone in the area doing any riding?

There's one club I've found in Savannah, but I'm not totally sure about the group ride situation then--they just told me to let me know when I'm home to see if anyone's going riding.

you might wanna try over at www.bikeforums.net. They have a regional section, and I know there are a few guys from SC. (Diesel Dan, I think, is from Beaufort.)

I know this is old

Hi
    I know this thread is old, but I live nearby and am justgetting started riding ( on my road bike). Let me know what you have found!

Hey,

I was only home for a couple of weeks, but I found out some good information.

There are rides that leave Sat and Sun AM (8 and 9 I think?) from the Gallery Espresso coffee shop downtown Savannah. One of the local bike shops can tell you the time and details for those.

The Coastal Cycling and Touring Club does a ride every Sunday from Sun City, HH to Beaufort, and their other rides in the area are posted on their website.

I think there are Tues and Thurs AM rides around Hunter Army Airfield, but lots of people just go out there whenever. The contact info is on the touring club website. Just email them about it. They weren't too organized this winter, but maybe they are now that it's been warm.

I think there's a group from a bike shop in beaufort that does some weekend rides out on Lady's Island, SC. But I don't think they have rides this time of year at all.

There's a good loop that goes out to Pooler from Savannah, with an option for out and back or a loop around the airport.

I asked around at The Bicycle Link (downtown Sav.), but Quality Bike Shop on the south side ought to have info too.

Feel free to PM me or ask me for any more details. I focused more on things I could get to easily from downtown Savannah, but I may know of some other stuff closer to wherever you are.

Thanks for the help!
    I lived in DC for awhile. Loved it there. Hope you do too.