Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Terry Butterfly

Terry Butterfly

To disable ads, please log-in.

Saddle Survey Response posted to forum by Administrator:

The Terry Butterfly is the best saddle I have ever ridden on. During the cycling season I average 150-200 miles a week and even after 50 hot and fast miles the Terry Butterfly is still comfortable. In addition to the comfort, it is very light weight (titanium rails) and the silver trim and butterfly logo are good looking. It is not cheap as saddles go, but for the serious cyclist it is probably the BEST women's saddle around!

Veronica O.

Saddle Survey Response posted to forums by Administrator:

hi,

my latest, greatest saddle is the Terry Butterfly for women. it's got a short nose and a wider rear than those for men. in addition, it's got a cut-out. the cut-out is more comfortable covered with a saddle cover as it can tend to pull "you" in. the problem, however, is that because the rear of the saddle is wide, it makes keeping a standard saddle cover in place very difficult. I've had numerous people ride up to me in central park to hand me the saddle cover they saw come off my bike while I was riding.

thanks,

christine c.
    nyc

Saddle Report-The Terry Butterfly was an excruciatingly painful seat. Had to give it away to a friend. I prefer narrow, hard seats. I am not sure of the brand that is on my bike now, but it is endorsed by Julie Furtado.

Stephanie D.

I've tried at least 10 different saddles. The terry butterfly is the best. It would be hard to convince me to use something else.

Renee S.

Love my butterfly. I have it on both my road bikes. It's not too bulky that it gets in the way but it's soft enough but still supportive.

I had a Liberator, and loved that for the longest time, but eventually it got a little mush and not too supportive.

D.R.

Unhappy Terry Butterfly - not for everyone

I really wanted to like the Butterfly (great style!). However, I had to return it because my sit bones kept complaining. Terry has a great return policy, so it's worth a try.

Thumbs up

The Terry Butterfly gets my vote. It is the most comfortable saddle I have ever had.

it's true!

Well, I finally decided to spend the big bucks and get the much talked about Terry Butterfly saddle. I am going on a 6 day-500 mile ride in a week and so about 2 weeks ago I decided to break down, buy the saddle, and try to make my experience a bit more enjoyable. As I said I have been using the saddle for about 2 weeks/400+ miles now and I can't believe how comfortable it is!! I just went out for a 80-something mile ride today and I can honestly say I didn't have one bit of discomfort - well, not due to the saddle anyway . I never knew riding could be like this! Thumbs up to the butterfly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thumbs up Love my flutterby!

Yes.. it was spendy, but it's so comfortable, it's amazing. I have a couple hundred miles on it now, and I couldn't be happier!