Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

To disable ads, please log-in.

Those of you in British Columbia and Alaska can just sit back and laugh at us, but man did we get hit! The Interstate is closed. Everything is at a total standstill, and even the road crews had to quit because of visbility. Anyone else snowed in? I think I'll finish painting my living room. The first person who posts a pic of themselves riding in sunny, balmy weather today will have a foot of this stuff shipped to them...as soon as the Post Office opens up again.
    Claudia

2009 Trek 7.6fx
    2013 Jamis Satellite
    2014 Terry Burlington

The snow missed me. We are under a tornado watch and it was 57 when I woke to get the boys up for school.
    Jennifer

“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
    -Mahatma Gandhi

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit."
    -Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by Bikingmomof3 View Post
    The snow missed me. We are under a tornado watch and it was 57 when I woke to get the boys up for school.
    Guess it went north of you. 57? That's what is so weird, it was in the high 60s here until Wed. night and then Thurs morning BAM! 20 degrees, sleet and ice. An entire day of ice and then all night with snow. Without tv/radio/internet it would have been a complete surprise. I certainly understand how early settlers could get so easily caught in this stuff.

Be sure to tell your kids that the students in Missouri have a snow day today. THAT should make their day.lol
    Last edited by uforgot; 12-01-2006 at 02:59 AM.
    Claudia

2009 Trek 7.6fx
    2013 Jamis Satellite
    2014 Terry Burlington

Yes, the boys are not happy that all around us is snow. My BIL and his family are expecting up to 18 inches of glorious snow. 57 is cold, we have been in the upper 60s. I want SNOW! I have a lot of rain and wind though. Yes I watched the front on and off all night, It went north and south of me, which is not uncommon. I hate Ohio.

Soon, I get to go back to bed, yay.
    Jennifer

-Mahatma Gandhi

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit."
    -Aristotle

It looks like you got all my snow!

It's December - we haven't had a real snow yet. Only a few random flurries. It's raining today. I like warm weather, but it just isn't right this time of year in New England!

My daffodils are growing! I just hope they can make it in the spring after this false start.

Ottawa is under a freezing rain warning--but Heck! ALL we've seen for six WEEKS has been Rain. The fact that it is going to rain some More--and freeze up--just has us all shrugging, with a few curses thrown in. But--often enough, we're just happy we Haven't had the white stuff...............For me--That's it for this year's riding. I'm not so spry of limb I want to zoom around on slippery ground.

Yes, the boys are not happy that all around us is snow. My BIL and his family are expecting up to 18 inches of glorious snow. 57 is cold, we have been in the upper 60s. I want SNOW! I have a lot of rain and wind though. Yes I watched the front on and off all night, It went north and south of me, which is not uncommon. I hate Ohio.

Soon, I get to go back to bed, yay.

Come west! I'm a native Cincinnatian who got sick of the rain and overcast days so I moved to Denver. Right now I'm posting this from my condo in Summit county. I'm watching it snowing and blowing outside.

Bicycling is great here, too!

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    I'm with you uforgot. I sent the storm your way (sorry). We're snowed in here in Oklahoma City. 5-7 inches of the white stuff. Not a lot of snow, but take into consideration that 1 inch sends the city into a panic. This much snow has sorta shut the city down. Today the sun is shining so more people are out and about. We've had 2 snow days from work (I teach), the turnpike was closed, and I can't leave the house (DH took our only snow worthy vehicle to work). If it weren't nearly zero degrees, I might consider running or riding my mtn bike- but I'm staying inside. I'm a cold winter weenie.
    I don't know how you ladies up north do this all winter long. I'm sooooo sorry...and now I feel your pain!
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike

Quote Originally Posted by Kathi View Post
    Come west! I'm a native Cincinnatian who got sick of the rain and overcast days so I moved to Denver. Right now I'm posting this from my condo in Summit county. I'm watching it snowing and blowing outside.

Kathi,
    I lived in Wyoming 6 years before moving here. I am so sick of the rain. I want snow.
    Jennifer

-Mahatma Gandhi

-Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by Kathi View Post

AND you are close to some GREAT skiing you lucky person you

It is snowing here and the temps aren't too bad but unfortunately the wind is supposed to pick up to +30 MPH (Are you surprised at that Kathi ???? THEN the temps are supposed to drop to -15 F.

No mountains to downhill ski, too cold and windy to cross country ski - oh why oh why do I live here ? ? ?

It's about the journey and being in the moment, not about the destination

Kathi,
    I lived in Wyoming 6 years before moving here. I am so sick of the rain. I want snow.
    Hi Bikingmomof3, where in WY did you live? I lived in Casper for 9 years. I loved riding in Casper. I could go out my back door and be in country in a mile. The only thing about Casper riding was the wind...headwind when you rode out, headwind when you rode back. It got very cold there in the winter, but I miss it....

I spent the first part of the week in Ohio. 70 degrees and beautiful. Come back to Dallas and its sleeting/snowing and freken 10 degrees! Something was wrong with that picture...

Quote Originally Posted by sbctwin View Post
    Hi Bikingmomof3, where in WY did you live? I lived in Casper for 9 years. I loved riding in Casper. I could go out my back door and be in country in a mile. The only thing about Casper riding was the wind...headwind when you rode out, headwind when you rode back. It got very cold there in the winter, but I miss it....
    I lived in Laramie.
    Jennifer

-Mahatma Gandhi

-Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by guanajagirl View Post
    I spent the first part of the week in Ohio. 70 degrees and beautiful. Come back to Dallas and its sleeting/snowing and freken 10 degrees! Something was wrong with that picture...
    The boys were complaining about how unfair it was for there to be snow in Texas and not here. Still snowless in Ohio.
    Jennifer

-Mahatma Gandhi

-Aristotle

I'm not very good at waiting for snow. It doesn't help that all I see when i turn on the t.v. is how everyone ELSE is getting hit with several inches! C'mon, it's Minnesota! Do I have to move to Canada to get some winter in December?!

At least it's cold enough now to make fake stuff. And next weekend our local xc trails will be open, whether we get precip. or not Thank god for snow guns.