Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hmmm...I do just fine with bananas pre-ride and during. Infact, I eat a banana (on a piece of toasted Ezekial bread w/PB) nearly every single morning as my pre-ride or pre-workout meal. During our ride today, DH and I shared a banana mid-ride at a rest stop. Aside, from the fact that the banana was too ripe for my liking (I like mine a tad bit under ripe), it sat in my tummy fine. But everyone's different, so YMMV.
    2012 Seven Axiom SL - Specialized Ruby SL 155

I can't do fruit alone for anything over about 10 miles. I burn through it way too fast and get hungry.

I need a mix of fat, protein and carbs pre-ride. Eggs are too much (I don't like them anyway), but a generous portion of nuts in my cereal or a few strips of bacon work fine. Then I can add fruit or fruit juice.

Post-ride...anything and everything. Big thing for me (especially in hot weather) is salt. I also like a bit of caffeine because I'm prone to headaches after my rides. I like a can of Coke, a meat-containing sandwich, and chips. The other thing that works for me is a trip to Starbucks and a bag of chips. Depends when I'm riding.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

I usually ride in the morning. I have tea, honey, and oatmeal. Oatmeal keeps me powered though my whole ride. I don't usually eat anything on rides unless it is more than 30 miles. I am probably the wrong person to ask about post rides cause I get **** all the time from my boyfriend, a pro cyclist. After a ride I am told you are supposed to have protein. I usually eat veggies and crave salty crackers or some bread or fruit with salt on it. I don't really like protein, it hurts my stomach, so I don't eat much of it besides soymilk. Why soy milk v.s. cows. Well I am vegan, and I like the taste better. Hope that helps.
    "I say, if your knees aren't grass-stained by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life." - Calvin (of Calvin & Hobbes)

www.whereinOakland.blogspot.com
    www.kristengentilucci.com

My beautiful blue 1991 Bianchi baby with orange tires
    Mr. Dale of Cannon USA caad 9

Oatmeal does nothing for me. Even if I put vast amounts of PB or nuts and sugar in it, it does nothing. It doesn't get into my system fast enough, and happily mops up any fat I've eaten. I'm starving after about 10 miles.
    I do need to eat on the ride, though, even if it's relatively short (10-15)--at least a chew thing at my turnaround. Apparently I'm not terribly efficient, or I'm not eating enough beforehand.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...