Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

commuting "humor" again

To disable ads, please log-in.

Just got a hilarious e-mail from my colleague Tharan, the one on the picture with me on the bike campaign thread. Couldn't stop laughing for several minutes.

Here it is, translated by yours truly:

"Want a new story in the series of embarassing and terrible bike accidents?

Yesterday I tipped over, slowly, by Majorstuhuset, on top of an ancient pensioner with a cane, so that he fell over with a crash. There we lay, blocking the entire sidewalk in the middle of the rush hour, while hellish scenes danced before my head: broken bones, ambulance, police, newspaper articles about brutal cyclists, etc. etc. Luckily the pensioner was more sturdy than he looked, and he was fine apart from a milk carton that burst in his backpack and leaked all over him and the backpack... It was all extremely, extremely embarassing! And I am never, I repeat NEVER, going to bike slowly past pensioners on the sidewalk any more!!!"

Ha-haaaa... still giggling. Poor guy. And the milk carton!
    Winter riding is much less about badassery and much more about bundle-uppery. - malkin

1995 Kona Cinder Cone commuterFrankenbike/Selle Italia SLR Lady Gel Flow
    2008 white Nakamura Summit Custom mtb/Terry Falcon X
    2000 Schwinn Fastback Comp road bike/Specialized Jett

uh, so why did you decide to tip over slowly onto a pensioner?
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

Ha! Good one!

My co-workers don't like to admit that they make mistakes (don't we all?) - I'm impressed that Tharan was willing to humiliate himself publically by admitting this at work!

I hope he offered to buy some more milk...

I remember watching a little old lady on TV. She was in a nursing home, trying to open her carton of milk. She had arthritis, and couldn't see very well, and was completely humilliated by a $%^# carton of milk. It drove home to me one more time, the dehumanization that can occur in old age.
    There but for the grace of God....

Where is a cyclist when you need one??

Quote Originally Posted by Chimiska View Post
    I remember watching a little old lady on TV. She was in a nursing home, trying to open her carton of milk. She had arthritis, and couldn't see very well, and was completely humilliated by a $%^# carton of milk. It drove home to me one more time, the dehumanization that can occur in old age.
    There but for the grace of God....

Where is a cyclist when you need one??
    thanks, you made me laugh
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.