Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRaven View Post
    I think 106' is about 38-39'

PHEW!!!
    I don't think I would ride in that... not even if I could melt myself onto the bike!
    Last year during our State Championship ITT's (40K) the temperature was in the 90's and may have even hit 102 f (38.8 c) while I was out on the course!!
    I took the neutral water at the turn around, but I dumped most of it over my head and back rather than drinking it!!
    It only got hotter as the men went out during the next hour. One guy even collapsed just after he finished and had to have an ambulance called. It's truely brutal to ride when its that hot.
    "Sharing the road means getting along, not getting ahead" - 1994 Washington State Driver's Guide

visit my flickr stream http://flic.kr/ps/MMu5N

it's way too freaking hot

ughhhhhhhhhhh

i rode in yesterday, trying not to be deterred by the weather, but it was still 35.8 when i left at 6.15pm. the ride home sucked

i had my camelbak and was drinking all the way home, but i still had a splitting headache when i got home. not a happy little vegemite

i dont think i'm built for riding in the heat. we were going to have a social ride round the lake after work this fri, but i've called it off cos it's going to be 37 degrees, and the temp doesnt really drop til about 9pm.

waaaaaah.... bring back 25 degrees.... i want to ride my bike
    To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived — This is to have succeeded - Emerson

melt

Don't melt out there this weekend!!!

It's 32c at 1130pm!!!

http://www.bom.gov.au/

Fremantle Doctor where are you?? Please bring us that wonderful breeze we love!

c

I feel sorry for you tomorrow CC, It's gonna be 40 degrees in perth

We had massive storms yesturday... Cooled the place down... But riding this morning was like breathing water it was that humid.
    @LIGHTSABE*R(::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Beginner Triathlete Log

not cooled down

It's still hot hot hot..It feels like an oven outside and tomorrow's going to be much the same. Ian & I are going to head to the beach in the morning & then come home & clean.

We went mtn biking/camping for the holiday weekend but it's just too hot to bike. We decided to leave early & come home today although we were going to stop at another area to mtn bike on the way. Well, that idea quickly vanished when we turned onto the main highway as it was closed. There's a major forest fire in the area! We saw some smoke billowing in the air yesterday but weren't sure where it was.

OMG..click on the above link i posted for the weather and check out the 7 day forecast.

c

I like being here... it was 26' for the 2pm racing yesterday, with a sea breeze and the earth already cooled down even more by the early morning drizzle...

6am here now and although its 19' already, I do not think it'll get much hotter than yesterday

I don't think I will come to Perth or Queensland or anywhere in Oz in January or February... I don't think I could cope!

how are ye

So Aussie ladies..

How are you faring in the heat? Sure hope you're staying somewhat cool.

Postiechic-is Melbourne still covered in the smoke from the bush fires?

THe temps are driving me batty. It's going to be 40C on wednesday(hence why I rode home today) but then only 30c on thursday. This is just plain annoying.

Some rain everywhere in Australia wouldn't go amiss right now. The bush fire threat is Extreme at the moment. I often am sitting at home at night & suddenly smell smoke & wonder is that me self combusting? Nope, just another bush fire!!!

My thoughts are with the folks south of Perth who lost their homes on the weekend.

Keep cool.

c

I'm with CC wishing you gals safety over there.

We have been watching the evening news, and listening on the morning radio and hearing about the fires.

We have two days of heavy rain due to arrive this afternoon, and after a week of mild drizzles, I wish we could send this Easterly your way.

My pregnant cousin's house has been flooded out in GIRU.

My Aunt and her family are moping up their entertainment areas in AYR.

Half my bloody family up in Noth Queensland has been flooded out! LOL Thanks for the rain... But if that was distributed between the rest of Australia there would be a good chance the drought would break! lol

Meanwhile in Brisbane It's cooled down a bit at night. ^_^ I've gotten a top sheet out again.
    @LIGHTSABE*R(::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Beginner Triathlete Log

Wow, LightSaber... I didn't realise there was flooding in Queensland - I have only seen the fires on telly here!

I better make sure I try and send some of this predicted rain to RIGHT bits of Oz!

Went for a ride early this morning - it was only 12.8 degrees (! in the middle of summer?).. had the arm-warmers on and I was still cold. But now it's starting to hot up - getting uncomfortable... it's going to be one of those days when you wear 4 different sets of clothes between sunrise and bedtime.

got out for my ride early this morning... it was so nice to see something other than 1000 miles of blue sky and sun. there are some clouds, dont think we'll get any rain, but at least it wasnt just burning sun... and it was cool - 18 degrees... funny how that feels cool now
    To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived — This is to have succeeded - Emerson

blech

Fark..It's been hot today..Can i whinge about Perth weather.

What is going on??? One week it's hot-ok around 35+, next one it's only around 28c, etc etc..

We're in the midst of a heatwave-well it made it to 42C...I thought my eyes were melting when I went outside this afternoon...
    It's just cooling down now at 9pm...29C. If you take a look at the temps http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDW60...01.94609.shtml, it shows that over the past 24hrs it's cooled down a tad but not a huge amt!!!

I am really looking forward to a sticky, hot bike ride at 5am tomorrow..

C

bummer crazy, things have cooled down a bit in canberra. the weekend was hot, and mon was stinky, humid semi-hot, but yesterday... oh there is a god... 23 degrees was our max! and on the ride in yesterday morning i had to wear arm-warmers!!! sooooo excited to be cold

but of course the days are now shorter and i'm going to have to put my light on for the rides in... it's just too dark.

hang in there cc, it has to cool down eventually... doesnt it? after all, it's autumn and soon i get to moan about the cold ... if only autumn lasted all year round.. sigh

crazy, I feel very sorry for you (and my daughters who both also live in Perth)..it's hot enough here in the south west, just checked BOM, 28.4 at 9:00am. The forecast is for a cooler 37 here later this afternoon, but another 42 again for Perth. Isn't it bizarre with daylight savings, Perth's max temperature yesterday was just over 42 degrees at 4:45PM...!!
    But a cooler change should be coming in tomorrow...

Went for a 50km ride this morning, had a warmish breeze with sweet bush smells, which was nice and awful at the same time. Had a kangaroo cross the road in front of me, 3 bike lengths in front - in the dark at about 6:15, bit scary. Only saw him when he was directly in front of my bike light...