Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

To disable ads, please log-in.

I would willingly take a spin class if any of the instructors seemed to know what they were doing. Unfortunately the only ones available to me at the local gym are all lead by a guy that seems to think and hour of standing at the fastest cadence and highest resistance possible to music which gives everyone headaches in spite of ear plugs is the only way to train efficiently. The local bike shop spin class is either to slow and simple for me ( just ride for 20 minutes at a gentle pace and then increase the resistance a bit and so on) or too fast and hard with 40 minutes of up one minute, down one minute at high cadence and high resistance etc. with five minutes of warm up and five minutes of cool down and one one minute sprint.

I am an endurance rider- I rarely if ever stand unless I am desperate but climb like a demon, and can go for hours and hours at my fast cruising pace. I much prefer pushing myself tempo or resistance wise on a trainer, which has the added advantage of me not having to get in the car and drive to the gym, and I can squeeze in a half hour here and there between ther things with not much hassle at all.

I know that there are some excellent spin trainers, who are actually also riders, out there who know what they are doing and do wonderful classes. They just aren't near me so in the meantime, I and my Ipod can be found in the garage. If you can find a spin class that you like and an instructor who knows what they are doing, cherish and support them before they go away.
    Last edited by marni; 01-08-2011 at 06:17 PM. Reason: spelling
    marni
    Katy, Texas
    Trek Madone 6.5- "Red"
    Trek Pilot 5.2- " Bebe"

"easily outrun by a chihuahua."

Interval Cycling Workouts

I have been trying to save some time by riding indoors and wasn't sure if I wanted a DVD or audio for my iPod. I found this website http://www.highintervalworkouts.com/ They have 4 different types of spinning workouts each 60 min long. I have downloaded their ultimate package which included all four workouts, speed, power, endurance, and recovery to my iPod. I love them all. I can do the workouts at the gym or home. It complements my training for the Wildflower triathlon upcoming in a few months.