Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Anyone have pics of French streetscapes w/bikes?

To disable ads, please log-in.

Mimitabby's thread about her Italy trip and the great bike pics she posted (http://forums.teamestrogen.com/showt...t=11584&page=1) gave me an idea for decorating my living room.

I've been building on a Paris or generally French streetscenes-themed living area for a while, and I have commercially-bought prints of the Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe, etc., the typical stuff you'd find in the stores, but Mimi's thread gave me the idea that I could perhaps print off some actual photos taken by my friends here at TE and put them into a collage-type frame, or even make my own poster-sized prints for framing.

I'd really prefer pics with bikes, naturally, but those are hard to find in stores. Occasionally, I'll find a cafe/bookstore storefront scene with a bike leaning up against the wall, and those are nice. Real ones would be even neater, like Mimi's photo below, borrowed from her thread (nice pic, Mimi!). Except I'm aiming for a French theme, not Italian (this one you can't tell, actually, unless you know the difference in architecture): http://forums.teamestrogen.com/showp...7&postcount=21 ...bottom pic.

Soooo, if anyone has been to France and has taken such pics, could I perhaps bug you for a copy, or better yet, post it here for others with the same theme (it's a popular theme, I guess)? It would be so cool of you and very appreciated!!

Merci beaucoup!
    ~BikeMomma
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." --Albert Einstein

What a neat idea! I've travelled to France twice (once biking and once hiking). While I tend not to take pictures with people, there are some with bikes. The country really is beautiful so even photographers like me can get good shots. Alas, I tend to not take too many shots with people.

http://www.cassandrathorn.com/images...eHorseGate.JPG was taken in Monpazier, a town in the Dordogne/Lot area.

Monpazier's was a "new town" (well, in the middle ages it was "new") with a well-defined street plan and central square. The larger arches in the corners were designed to allow riders to pass through without dismounting from their horses. In the morning, the bikes zip through. This man was kind of enough to be travelling slow enough for me to capture him on his "horse".

http://www.cassandrathorn.com/images...BikeMuseum.JPG was taken, obviously, outside a bicycle museum. We arrived just after the museum closed for its 2 hour lunch, but as we were deciding what to do, the woman who ran the museum shouted down that she would open just for us (apparently cyclists get special treatment!). It was a really neat museum--we are so spoiled with index shifters and gel saddles.

Anyway, if they're of use, you're welcome to them. the thumbnails of our Dordogne cycling trip live at http://www.cassandrathorn.com/images/2005France.htm. There are also some pictures of Provence (but no bikes, it was hiking) at http://www.cassandrathorn.com/images/2004Provence.htm.

And, of course, if you're willing to drop into Italy and include a scooter, one of my favorite pictures is http://www.cassandrathorn.com/images...o/BikerCat.JPG.

Enjoy as you see fit! [My apologies if the URLs wrap badly]

https://www.ediciclo.it/cart/listitems.asp

This isn't exactly what you are looking for, but items 1 and 3 are postcards of old bicycling photos. This is italian, if you are interested in french stuff, it might not hurt to google in french stuff like this!
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

Thorn, those are awesome!!! And the bike museum one is PERFECT -- exactly what I'm after.

I'll browse through them more when I have a bit of time, but I think I can use a few of those....probably the guy on a bike and the Eiffel Tower one, and maybe some others.

Looks like it was an awesome trip. I'm jealous!

Thanks!!!
    ~BikeMomma
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." --Albert Einstein

These aren't extraordinary, but they're from me! Just send me a PM if you want the full resolution versions (4mpx I think). I have them in colour as that's how they were originally taken. If you can do something with PhotoShop you might be able to make them much better.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0317.JPG 
Views:	245 
Size:	37.5 KB 
ID:	2064   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0339.JPG 
Views:	243 
Size:	57.2 KB 
ID:	2065  

stealing your ideas

Bikemomma you have given me an idea and you can take all the credit. I have this blank hall wall, ..have been pondering and nothing looks good or can't think of a thing that would fill my expectations..and I must say, after seeing these pics that have been posted, i am now on a mission. Thorn and Grog, the pics are wonderful. I love the bike museum. BM, I am thanking you in advance for the idea. ANd Mimitabbys pics of the women are wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by Grog View Post
    These aren't extraordinary, but they're from me! Just send me a PM if you want the full resolution versions (4mpx I think). I have them in colour as that's how they were originally taken. If you can do something with PhotoShop you might be able to make them much better.)
    Grog, those are great! The b & w ones are very artistic the way they are, but it would be interesting to see the color versions for comparison.

Sigh....I reeeeally need to get to France. I love that country in pictures, and of course, on t.v. when the Tour is broadcast. Wish I could see it in person, someday.

Quote Originally Posted by shellyj View Post
    Bikemomma you have given me an idea and you can take all the credit. I have this blank hall wall, ..have been pondering and nothing looks good or can't think of a thing that would fill my expectations..and I must say, after seeing these pics that have been posted, i am now on a mission. Thorn and Grog, the pics are wonderful. I love the bike museum. BM, I am thanking you in advance for the idea. ANd Mimitabbys pics of the women are wonderful.
    Hey Shelly,
    Mimi was MY inspiration, so it's just getting passed along.... Hope your wall turns out wonderful, as I hope my collage does!
    ~BikeMomma

Quote Originally Posted by mimitabby View Post
    https://www.ediciclo.it/cart/listitems.asp

This isn't exactly what you are looking for, but items 1 and 3 are postcards of old bicycling photos. This is italian, if you are interested in french stuff, it might not hurt to google in french stuff like this!
    Hey Mimi,

Thanks...I can't get those postcard pics to show up. grrrr!

I've searched for French streetscapes online, but none really include the bikes like the ones you, Grog, and Thorn have posted. Every once in a while I'll find one, but it's slim pickin's.

I've found this link and others, which are good (but not much in the way of bikes):
    http://www.art-find.artselect.com/pe...4762-452600446

Thanks for your part in this.
    ~BikeMomma

My more artistic photos don't involve bikes. My photos with bikes usually involve races, and since I didn't have press access or equipment are less of what you'd want on your wall.

Here are my bike pictures. If you are interested in some interesting streetscapes without bikes, I have some I can share. Sorry for the size! Imagecave was supposed to resize my images but it only did for some.

(ok, this first one is my most interesting and it's Switzerland, not France)

Paris:

And a taste of what my "good" bikeless pictures look like:

This is an intersection in Zurich that I pass every single time I go bicycling.... yay!

Quote Originally Posted by aicabsolut View Post
    (ok, this first one is my most interesting and it's Switzerland, not France)
    It's a little secret you didn't know about us women. We're all closet Visigoths.

2008 Roy Hinnen O2 - Selle SMP Glider
    2009 Cube Axial WLS - Selle SMP Glider
    2007 Gary Fisher HiFi Plus - Specialized Alias

Quote Originally Posted by aicabsolut View Post
    And a taste of what my "good" bikeless pictures look like:
    Thanks, aicabsolut! I love the shot of Paris ---- thanks!!

Alpine: you lucky rabbit, you!

~BikeMomma
    Last edited by BikeMomma; 11-21-2006 at 07:55 PM.