Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 220 of 221 FirstFirst ... 120170210216217218219220221 LastLast
Results 3,286 to 3,300 of 3311

To disable ads, please log-in.

Weeellll, I just got them and have yet to wear them running or skiing. I've been wearing them today here in the house under some loose Lycra running pants (my fancy work clothes). Super comfy. They are warmer than Sugoi's compression running shorts (Jackie model?). I have historically had problems with the legs on shorts riding up but these haven't moved at all, even without leg grippers. The pair I have on are a size large which I would consider a tad loose in the thigh for use under formfitting tights, as opposed to pants. I think they'd roll up as I pulled on the tights. For comparison, I wear a medium in Sugoi's running tights and the medium in the skhoop shorts fits the same. I also bought a large because it was the only pair I could find at the time when we were having a cold spell. Of course, as soon as I bought them, a heat wave hit. However, the extra pair will give me a pair to wear during the week while sitting at my desk. You'd think we didn't believe in furnaces but I'd rather put on extra clothes than bake my sinuses.

As far as being seen in public, I think they'd be fine. The stitching is high contrast hot pink flat lock which can be a little long underwear-ish looking but today's bike shorts have contrast stitching also.

Yakkity-yakkity. Blah-blah-blah. Hope something in there helped you.

Oh yeah, for once I didn't notice the cold car seat when we went to coffee this morning.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

Thanks SK. I might just give them a try.

Also, ran across this site while looking for something else. You know what I know now. But it looks possibly interesting. http://www.winteroutfitters.com/clothing.htm
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Thanks for the link. One of these days I might try a brief but I really wanted the longer legs as I do get thigh creep with many shorts.

Better report of the skhoop merino shorts. LOVE THEM! Wore them for a snowshoe run today under Sugoi Subzero tights. Temp range of 8F to 19F. My bunnies didn't notice. Even while all the other bunnies around were whining.

Those sound promising. I am tired of thigh creep.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Icebreaker on sale at EverestGear.com

50% off ibex.com code VIPWINTER expires today 1/31/2013

Wool insoles!!!!

http://www.zappos.com/superfeet-merino-white-white

I have these and they are wonderful!
    Each day is a gift, that's why it is called the present.

I have an Ibex bra and while I love it in winter, I feel like the band is stretching out and isn't quite as supportive as it once was. Has anyone tried one of the Smartwool bras?
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Thumbs up Shepherd's Flock Shearling! ZOMG!!!!

So. Long, long ago, in a galaxy far, far away, I owned a pair of Acorn shearling slippers. So long ago they may even been made in the USA. I wore them until there wasn't a shred of wool left on the insides and they were getting ready to get holes in the soles. By that time a new pair weren't in my budget ... and by the time a new pair came back into my budget, there were no more local retailers and I never got around to trying to order myself a pair.

Fast forward to a month ago when my toesies were getting chilly and I started poking around on the Internets and here's what I found: Shepherd's Flock. Hand made to order in Vermont from US-raised sheep, and even US-tanned when they can get the hides, which they say is most of the time, and which I know is also pretty darn rare.

You've heard me whine about my ginormous duck feet. They actually recommend you send a foot tracing. So I sent one, and let them know I was fine with any surcharge for the custom sizing. I asked when I might start looking for my slippers ... they responded that they were a little backed up. No surprise there - it was late September, and all the "grasshoppers" were busy getting their holiday gift lists in order, while all us "ants" were just noticing our cold feet and thinking maybe we ought to do something about them. They said, it would be about two weeks. Two weeks is backed up? Mmmmm-kay. No surcharge, they'd just add an extra 3/4" to the width at the forefoot onto their regular women's large. Right on time, two weeks later, they shipped. USPS, even, which is SUCH a convenience for us country folk.

And they are the best thing that has ever been on my feet. They are beautiful, sturdy appearing, warm in the way any wool is temperature-regulating ... and if you've never had shearling wool on your bare toes you don't KNOW what you're missing.

I have one pair of huge happy feet right now.

Ooh. Not that I need such things in this climate, but if/when I move up north again...
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

OMG Oakleaf, those look amazing! The slippers aren't in my budget right now....but those ear muffs look great, and their standard ear muffs are quite affordable, thanks for drawing our attention to them! Perhaps I can justify a pair of their slippers to myself in December

I lost my wool cap yesterday.

It was the only knit cap I have here outside of the screaming yellow one, so obviously I needed to replace it. And obviously I couldn't go to Ibex's website and order just a cap. And obviously I couldn't order more wool for myself without offering DH a chance to get in on the order, too.

D@mn cap cost me $400.

Quote Originally Posted by OakLeaf View Post
    D@mn cap cost me $400.
    Sorry about the lost cap, but this made me laugh out loud. I've had lost items cost me much more in the same way...though I didn't have a DH to add to the order At least YOU have that excuse