Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

WoolWeenies Club

Here we go, girls!

No-one started it yet, so I did.

"Hi, my name is Knot, and my favorite wooly brands are Ibex, Smartwool, and Icebreaker."

I've found that Woolrich tends to mix a lot of man-made fiber in with their wool, so you have to be careful. Duofold's "pure" wools tend to fall apart waaaaay too quickly, though their duo-layer wool-cottons are as good as always. Pendleton is too awesome for words, and someday I will have queen sized Pendleton blankets on my bed and a blanket on my couch, instead of just one little blankie.
    Last edited by KnottedYet; 11-20-2006 at 06:02 PM.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

KnottedYet ""Hi, my name is Knot, and my favorite wooly brands are Ibex, Smartwool, and Icebreaker.""

is this 12 step for wool?

"Hi Knot" (from the group)
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Yeah, honey, it is. But in this case we aren't trying to stop our addiction, and we ARE trying to get others addicted.

Just *try* to tell me you didn't like my Ibex.... I know the truth.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Down with high tech fabrics . Yeah, wool does feel really good.
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Folder ~ Brompton

Lisa!!!! You are a GODDESS!!!!!! A *goddess*, I tell you!

Trek - I knew you liked it. We'll get you wearing wool soon. We'll start you on Duofold (cotton next to your skin) then advance you to wool longsleeve shirts, then t-shirts; and soon, the big one... wool boxers!

Wool underwear, the sign of a true woolweenie! (umm, that doesn't quite sound right, but we know what I mean!)

I see, Duofold is the entry drug, then it's all downhill from there till I hit bottom only to be found in a gutter somewhere having lost my house, family and job all in search of more and better wool.

At first there were the excuses, oh, I'll only wear wool on the weekends, or only after very special rides. Soon you'd be making excuses for me "Trek will finish that project, she'll get to work on time, she just needs more wool after a weekend of riding".

Thanks to the higher-power as we know it there is wool-anon for the family and friends of WoolWeenies

*very respectful nod to AA and Alanon
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Folder ~ Brompton

Hi group, my name is Grog, and I am a woolweenie.

It has been weeks since I have last taken off my Ibex Ultimate Guide Sweater in blue, and when it's really cold I layer it with some Smartwool. My dear partner's mother brought me back Smartwool striped socks from a trip and I would have exchanged my mom for her at the moment I opened that package. I have been thinking about those loose tights day and night since they were introduced to me...

*sigh*

feel the yearning.... feel the love.... you know you want them....

http://www.ibexwear.com/F06/View_Pro...&CategoryLine=

We're here to support you in your decision to dress head-to-toe in wool.

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY
    The Twelve Principles of WoolWeenies:*

1. We admitted we were powerless over wool.

2. Came to believe that wool could restore us to sanity.

3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of wool as we understood it.

4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of our wardrobe.

5. Admitted to WoolWeenies, to ourselves, and to another TE members the exact nature of our wool needs.

6. Were entirely ready to have wool remove all our defects of layering.

7. Humbly asked wool to remove our polyester odor annoyances.

8. Made a list of all wool items we had ripped, and became willing to mend them all.

9. Made direct mends to such wool items wherever possible, except when to do so would fray them further.

10. Continued to take wardobe inventory and when we were running low promptly bought more wool.

11. Sought through websearches and discounts to improve our conscious contact with wool, as we understood it, seeking only knowledge of wool's will for us and the budget to carry that out.

12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of wearing wool, we tried to carry this message to other woolweenies, and to wear wool in all our activities.

*(with apologies and a respectful nod to AA...)
    Lisa
    My mountain dulcimer network...FOTMD.com...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    My personal blog:My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I Love Wool Weenies!

[QUOTE=Lisa S.H.;146674]The Twelve Principles of WoolWeenies:*

3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of wool as we understood it.

5. Admitted to WoolWeenies, to ourselves, and to another TE members the exact nature of our wool needs.

8. Made a list of all wool items we had ripped, and became willing to mend them all.

9. Made direct mends to such wool items wherever possible, except when to do so would fray them further.

10. Continued to take wardobe inventory and when we were running low promptly bought more wool.

11. Sought through websearches and discounts to improve our conscious contact with wool, as we understood it, seeking only knowledge of wool's will for us and the budget to carry that out.

12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of wearing wool, we tried to carry this message to other woolweenies, and to wear wool in all our activities.

I love the 12 rules! Women wool weenies, I love this forum. Thanks!

Lisa

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by BleeckerSt_Girl View Post

This list might be the most amazing thing ever created. I already have sent it to the printer to show to all of my girlfriends when we meet up for our ride in the morning. WoolWeenies Reign Supreme!
    Linda R.
    Proud Developer of Cycling Compatible Ankle Braces
    Portland, OR AKA Portlandia

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPeddles View Post
    This list might be the most amazing thing ever created. I already have sent it to the printer to show to all of my girlfriends when we meet up for our ride in the morning. WoolWeenies Reign Supreme!
    Wow, glad to know folks are still reading it...thanks!

(wearing lots of WOOL right this very minute!) lol!
    Lisa
    My mountain dulcimer network...FOTMD.com...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    My personal blog:My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

A friend of mine gave me this massage bar from Lush, that covered me in sparkles. Which was somewhat irritating, but I tried it. It then covered the clothes I was wearing in sparkles....

Then it covered all the clothes that were being washed with the clothes I was wearing with sparkles.

I'm not going to mention how much wool was in that load, wool which doesn't go into the dryer and so the sparkles stay on.

And something in the load leached red or pink (washed on cold), which then dyed my natural bone and brown icebreaker sweater pink and brown. Which I'd be horrified by, but really, the pink and brown looks better than the bone and brown ever did.

Possibly someone else should do my laundry for me.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPeddles View Post
    And to think I was debating not buying the wool tights that are on sale at an offprice store near me. This list saved me from a grievous error.

Quote Originally Posted by BleeckerSt_Girl View Post

love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My all time fav "smartwool" source is Marshalls.........but it is once a year and no color choice- don't care for half price on my college kid budget!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!