Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 218 of 221 FirstFirst ... 118168208214215216217218219220221 LastLast
Results 3,256 to 3,270 of 3311

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hmm - mine is a men's cut jersey (it came from New Belgium Brewery as a gift from DH), and a size SM. With a base layer under, it's definitely NOT skin tight. I think the Voler site had a women's cut, so it would fit a bit better, with shorter arms.

SheFly
    "Well behaved women rarely make history." including me!
    http://twoadventures.blogspot.com

Duh. I didn't even think of my Hincapie LS base layer as something that could be worn alone. The white one I definitely would not. It's super lightweight (which is why the white one is completely see-through even when it's dry), runs small and comes in XS. My Small one was skin tight before I lost all my upper body muscle.

http://www.hincapie.com/products/wom...es/RBL-LSWW09/
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

I am wearing the Smart Wool quarter zip right now. It fits perfectly, tight, but I could wear a Craft base layer under it. It's not even too long. It is so soft, I don't want to take it off! I will definitely use it for riding when I have a jacket or vest on, x country skiing as a mid layer, and alone for running or hiking.
    It would have to be really cold for me to wear this as a base layer.
    My only complaint is that I can't stand anything touching my neck and the turtleneck comes up a bit too high for me. I have it partially unzipped, so that's fine.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Couldn't resist this one: http://shop.ibex.com/Apparel/Womens-...ez-Wayfarer-PO

First, I bought the purple and after receiving/loving it, broke down and got the black.

Added a new Shak---the deep blue (Oxford?) is irresistible. The rest of this year's colors aren't calling out to me.

A couple months ago, I got the Juliet Tunic in black polka dot, which is a nice piece as well. I'm not crazy about the Juliet patterns/colors this year, but I love tunics/longer sweaters. This is one that I can wear with slacks to work.

Luna Eclipse//Terry B'fly
    Luna Orbit//Sella Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    Bianchi Eros Donna//Terry Falcon
    Seven Alaris//Jett 143
    Terry Isis (Titanium)//Terry B'fly

I follow their directions, but nothing I've bought from ibex (besides the bras) seem to wash well. The seams always end up twisted, the hemlines uneven, and they shrink in length but not width so they never fit right again. It makes me sad because their clothes are so pretty.

"I never met a donut I didn't like" - Dave Wiens

Do you have a good flat drying rack? I had to order a three-pack online, because they don't seem to have them in stores at all any more. Woolens always need to be blocked to dry.

This isn't exactly what I have, but similar. Pretty cheaply made, but they get the job done. I was so disappointed that Lehman's Hardware, with all the different gear they sell for air drying clothes, doesn't sell even one flat rack, not even a cheap Chinese one like those, let alone I would've paid three times the price for a half decent Amish made wood and string version if they'd offered one.
    Last edited by OakLeaf; 11-07-2012 at 02:05 PM.

Jolt is offline Dodging the potholes...
    Quote Originally Posted by Selkie View Post

A couple months ago, I got the Juliet Tunic in black polka dot, which is a nice piece as well. I'm not crazy about the Juliet patterns/colors this year, but I love tunics/longer sweaters. This is one that I can wear with slacks to work.
    I am planning to get one of those when the winter sale comes around...don't want to pay full price but that is a piece I'd like to have. I'm with you on the colors this year...what happened to the black argyle they had last year?
    2011 Surly LHT
    1995 Trek 830

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
    I am planning to get one of those when the winter sale comes around...don't want to pay full price but that is a piece I'd like to have. I'm with you on the colors this year...what happened to the black argyle they had last year?
    I've been drooling over my Ibex catalog. Just can't justify the expense, though. GLC has some nice pieces for sale...but I'm just not in the position to add anything new to my life at the moment. I have one Icebreaker short sleeve shirt that I wear all the time, one Ibex turtle-neck long sleeve shirt, and one Ibex long sleeve cycling jersey, and that'll have to do for the time being. I enjoy reading this thread, though and living vicariously through all of you!

Quote Originally Posted by OakLeaf View Post
    Do you have a good flat drying rack? I had to order a three-pack online, because they don't seem to have them in stores at all any more. Woolens always need to be blocked to dry.
    Yes, I've actually had decent drying things (wide variety) because I had no dryer for years and there are creepy disgusting bugs that get in the laundry here if you hang it outside. It seems like it's a problem in the way the fabric is cut. Probably not as much of a problem on the solids, but my one patterned pullover is clearly longer on one side than another, visible since the pattern is pretty much linear and there are more lines at the left hem than the right despite a straight, horizontal line across the upper seam! Not quite as obvious, but the twisted wool t-shirt seems to have been sewn with the fabric the "wrong" way, so when it shrank, it shrank twisted rather than horizontal or vertical. I'm sure it isn't a problem with all of their stuff but I've been unlucky and I don't want to order anything else sight-unseen.

"I never met a donut I didn't like" - Dave Wiens

Quote Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
    Not to be an enabler (ahem) but REI carries the Juliet tunic. I was able to get mine for 20% off when REI had one of its "members" sales....

Luna Eclipse//Terry B'fly
    Luna Orbit//Sella Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    Bianchi Eros Donna//Terry Falcon
    Seven Alaris//Jett 143
    Terry Isis (Titanium)//Terry B'fly

Jolt is offline Dodging the potholes...
    Quote Originally Posted by Selkie View Post
    Not to be an enabler (ahem) but REI carries the Juliet tunic. I was able to get mine for 20% off when REI had one of its "members" sales....
    I did see that REI carries it...if they have a big sale before Ibex has theirs that is something to keep in mind!
    2011 Surly LHT
    1995 Trek 830

I think I need this in the teal or the wasabi. Can I justify buying new wool while I'm selling so much of my older stuff to make room?
    http://shop.ibex.com/Apparel/Womens-...rrie-Button-Up

Arggggggghhhhhh!
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by jessmarimba View Post
    It seems like it's a problem in the way the fabric is cut.
    That's too bad. I think it's more of an issue with their lightest things. That fabric has to be super hard to cut straight. DH does have a super lightweight Ibex short-sleeve base layer that's not cut perfectly. But of all our pieces (and we have WAY too many ) that's the only one. Wish I could say the same for Smartwool - the difference in quality is really noticeable on that particular aspect.

I rode in my Smart Wool 1/4 zip top today. I now have 3 of them, thanks to GLC, you enabler . Worn it hiking, just around town, and riding today, in temperatures of 57-61, with a short sleeved base layer and a wind vest. It was perfect.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Quote Originally Posted by GLC1968 View Post
    I think I need this in the teal or the wasabi. Can I justify buying new wool while I'm selling so much of my older stuff to make room?
    http://shop.ibex.com/Apparel/Womens-...rrie-Button-Up
    Of course you can justify it.
    How's this: "This one wonderful item is taking the place of the 12 things I got rid of. I am still way ahead."
    Each day is a gift, that's why it is called the present.