Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 8 of 221 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Uh oh....

http://www.portlandcyclewear.com/woolcyclingjersey.html

Should we get a 'WoolWeenies' jersey? just joking.

I wish I could think of something though.

My sweet partner is going to get one for his birthday (March) I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Grog View Post
    Uh oh....

http://www.portlandcyclewear.com/woolcyclingjersey.html

Should we get a 'WoolWeenies' jersey? just joking.
    Those are good prices. If we can get an order of 12, we could get ss wool jerseys for $46.50, ls wool jerseys for $51. On the other hand, it's only men's sizing and would probably be past-the-butt long on most of us.
    Oil is good, grease is better.

2007 Peter Mooney w/S&S couplers/Terry Butterfly
    1993 Bridgestone MB-3/Avocet O2 Air 40W
    1980 Columbus Frame with 1970 Campy parts
    1954 Raleigh 3-speed/Brooks B72

And that horizontal stripe across the chest is not exactly a good look for many women...

Ibex makes a classic wool jersey for their cycling team, but I haven't seen it around lately. Wonder if we could convince them to do us some women's jerseys as an experiment? Wonder if they'd give us a juicy discount if we could "advertise" for them a bit wearing the jerseys... I wonder.....

<woolweenie dreaming>

Anybody wanna send them a link to this thread?
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Quote Originally Posted by divingbiker View Post
    And that horizontal stripe across the chest is not exactly a good look for many women...
    They have vertical stripes too!

Quote Originally Posted by KnottedYet View Post
    Ibex makes a classic wool jersey for their cycling team, but I haven't seen it around lately. Wonder if we could convince them to do us some women's jerseys as an experiment? Wonder if they'd give us a juicy discount if we could "advertise" for them a bit wearing the jerseys... I wonder.....

<woolweenie dreaming>

Anybody wanna send them a link to this thread?
    The women's jersey I tried from them last year was a terrible fit on me... I tend to be slender, and I would have had room to be pregnant in there... I was quite sad...

Quote Originally Posted by DebW View Post
    Those are good prices. If we can get an order of 12, we could get ss wool jerseys for $46.50, ls wool jerseys for $51. On the other hand, it's only men's sizing and would probably be past-the-butt long on most of us.
    Hey Deb, my DH bought one of those jerseys and despite giving it the best of care (handwashing, carefully drying it) it has seriously shrunk! It's now TIGHT on him. Too bad, because it was a classy sweater/jersey.

Now we know that you can't even wring wool out to dry. But he didnt know that.
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

Some one should invent a smartwool jersey. With removable sleeves. Good pockets. In orange & black to match my bike.

Quote Originally Posted by mimitabby View Post
    Hey Deb, my DH bought one of those jerseys and despite giving it the best of care (handwashing, carefully drying it) it has seriously shrunk! It's now TIGHT on him. Too bad, because it was a classy sweater/jersey.

Now we know that you can't even wring wool out to dry. But he didnt know that.
    They say they have a new style now, and it's mashine washable supposedly.... Hum.

Smartwool glove liners

I wore holes in 2 fingers of my Smartwool glove liners last weekend. Guess thin Smartwool can't take much abrasion. Should have worn my leather work gloves all day instead of switching back and forth while hiking and moving logs/limbs. The Smartwools were great for gram-weenie hiking, but alas, now I'll have 2 cold fingertips.

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY
    dEBw,

I posted in post #53 of this thread how I was rather surprised when I poked my finger right through my SmartWool crew base layer sleeve while pulling it off casually. I hadn't thought about how wool is not indestructable! I am more careful now with my definitely NOT cheap woolies.
    Were you wearing your SW glove liners as outer gloves? That might explain why they did not hold up to abrasion, grabbing tree trunks, etc- they are meant to be worn inside other gloves- probably woven to be soft and thin rather than durable.
    You could still sew up the holey fingertips and wear your liners under big work gloves or under mittens, etc.
    Lisa
    My mountain dulcimer network...FOTMD.com...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    My personal blog:My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

converted WoolWeenie

I was never one to wear wool, but after reading here, I had to try it. I was absolutely truly laughing out loud at Lisa's 12-steps for woolweenies! Pure genius!

My first purchase was an Ibex switchback midlayer, got it a week or so ago, at a great price ($34)from SierraTrading (I think I got the last one). I wear it to bike, to shop, to surf the channels from my sofa, it keeps me comfy in all conditions, and I feel quite smart in it if I must say so myself

Then I saw Mimi's post about getting even better deals from the Goodwill. So yesterday I shopped at a Goodwill store in a nice neighborhood. I was so excited to find a great baselayer, 100% merino (it's skin tight, but it's a baselayer), and a really cute every-day sweater, also 100% merino, for 4 bux each! One label is "Ann Taylor", the other "abercrombie and fitch". I'd NEVER pay full price for either of those brands, but at 4 bux each, ya it's a sweet deal!

What I love most about the wool for riding is that it doesn't grab the stink like the tech layers, and it stays dry. I'm looking forward to trying the wool baselayer later today on a ride.

Last Saturday I was riding on 40 miler and we stopped halfway for lunch. By the time we got back on the bikes, my baselayer (a polyester jersey) was fairly damp and I stayed chilled for 10 minutes or so. Once I warmed back up I was OK. I hope the wool baselayer will prevent this from happening again.

You guys are great, thanks for dragging me into your addictions

Colleen

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa S.H. View Post
    dEBw,
    Were you wearing your SW glove liners as outer gloves? That might explain why they did not hold up to abrasion, grabbing tree trunks, etc- they are meant to be worn inside other gloves- probably woven to be soft and thin rather than durable.
    You could still sew up the holey fingertips and wear your liners under big work gloves or under mittens, etc.
    Yes, I was wearing the liner gloves as outer gloves, and grabbing tree limbs with them. Nothing heavy-duty (switched to leather gloves for that), but still... I only paid $10 for them, so not a huge loss. They were great under my lobster-claw cycling mitts, so maybe I'll try to sew up the holey finger and thumb.

Resistance Is Futile!!!

Look, fellow wool-weenies! I have brought an innocent victim into our wooly clutches!

Yes, that is a Duofold henley Ms. Trek is wearing... the entry drug to the hardcore wool world of Ibex and Smartwool and Icebreaker!

(and doesn't it look nice on her? I think she should wear it every day. Maybe I should find her another so she can wear wool while washing wool. Yeah, that's it, building up her tolerance one wooly item at a time. Soon, the Ibex Norgie crew my pretty, sooooon...)
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY
    Yes!!!
    Another convert!
    Lisa
    My mountain dulcimer network...FOTMD.com...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    My personal blog:My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^