Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 6 of 221 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by mimitabby View Post
    seriously, in my forays into goodwill stores looking for wool, unless i absolutely fall in love with a particular sweater, I just go by the label.

if i really like it, I don't care what it's made of. But by looking for labels you can come up with a lot of nice wool.
    Yep, that's what I do. Today I'm wearing my $6 banana republic charcoal colored merino wool sweater. Yeah baby.

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY
    Quote Originally Posted by Dianyla View Post
    Yep, that's what I do. Today I'm wearing my $6 banana republic charcoal colored merino wool sweater. Yeah baby.
    Today I am wearing my $2.99 black merino ribbed turtleneck from the Salvation Army, with the "stylish" 3/4 sleeves (don't tell anyone they are actually just SHRUNK!) I love this sweater! That was my all-time greatest buy I think. (Except for the depression era Japan iridescent tea set I got there once for $5, with teapot, sugar, creamer and 4 cups and saucers, in pale blue and apricot! )
    Lisa
    My mountain dulcimer network...FOTMD.com...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    My personal blog:My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hey woolweenies, I need your help! A long time ago someone... maybe Duck on Wheels?... posted about a wool bra.

Where can I find such a foundation undergarment? Especially with an underwire.

TMI: I just hate that "bra smell". Y'all know what I'm talkin' about, ladies?

I don't know of any with underwires, but Ibex makes two camisoles with shelf bras. www.ibexwear.com One is like an athletic tank, the other is like a halter top.

you may have to call and ask them for the camisoles, because they are off season right now so don't show up on the website.

The halter-top one is on sale right now.
    http://www.ibexwear.com/F06/View_Pro...&CategoryLine=

there is another camisole on sale, too, but it doesn't have a built in bra.
    Last edited by KnottedYet; 12-01-2006 at 06:26 PM.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa S.H. View Post
    Today I am wearing my $2.99 black merino ribbed turtleneck from the Salvation Army, with the "stylish" 3/4 sleeves (don't tell anyone they are actually just SHRUNK!) I love this sweater! That was my all-time greatest buy I think. (Except for the depression era Japan iridescent tea set I got there once for $5, with teapot, sugar, creamer and 4 cups and saucers, in pale blue and apricot! )
    At Goodwill I got a bunch of pieces of my grandmother's china. I could have a really big dinner party. Course half the guests would have to sit in the floor.

Reporting back on my treasure hunt. I spent a massive $9 on 3 sweaters.

1. Just a little cotton short-sleeved pullover, orange and white striped to wear with jeans or a skirt.

2. An Ann Taylor merino wool/cashmere blend, v-neck, tan. Looks new.

3. A Lands End 100% cashmere pullover, maroon or burgundy. A little wrinkled, but once that's taken care of, should look new also.

The trouble is I went looking for cycling layers, but these may be office worthy.

Either way, I rock!

You rock!

Can you take me shopping?
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY
    Now I feel the need to go Good Will hunting again....
    Lisa
    My mountain dulcimer network...FOTMD.com...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    My personal blog:My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sweet finds!
    Jennifer

“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
    -Mahatma Gandhi

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit."
    -Aristotle

Come down in January, on the 6th. They have another 1/2 off day then.

Don't GWs in other parts of the country do this?

Hey! I never noticed this before! A wool specialty shop on TE!

http://www.teamestrogen.com/categories.asp?catID=114

Hot doggies!

And don't forget the ultimate wool-cozy item, right where you need it most on those winter rides -- an Activa wool bra!
    I kid you not! Itchless, warm (and suprisingly enough also cool in summer), wicking, and with support like a sports bra. Sadly, I only have one, but as soon as my source restocks, I'm getting more.
    Half-marathon over. Sabbatical year over. It's back to "sacking shirt and oat cakes" as they say here.

Darn! I found Activa, but no wool!

Do you have a link? Thanks!

Woops. My bad. Time to stop trusting my memory. It's Aclima, not Activa. But it IS still itchless, supporting, wicking, and weather-adapting.
    http://www.aakamilitary.com/aclima_b...r_wool_bra.cfm
    Half-marathon over. Sabbatical year over. It's back to "sacking shirt and oat cakes" as they say here.

I can't believe I haven't noticed this thread until now! And I needed it so badly!

Hi, my name is juju and I'm a woolweenie--a Florida woolweenie!

Which means I have to seek out nice thin wool layers. Today, though, we awoke to a 36-degree morning, so I'm sporting my gorgeous blue Ultimate Guide Sweater, and shopping online for wool underlayers for both cycling and motorcycling. Any suggestions?

By the way, my "gateway drug" was sweet, thin, Smartwool socks that I still wear all year around under my cycling shoes.
    Bad JuJu: Team TE Bianchista
    "The road to hell is paved with works-in-progress." -Roth
    Read my blog: Works in Progress