Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 55 of 221 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast
    Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY

To disable ads, please log-in.

As a footnote to the shrinking switchback issue- I now have Ibex "Shaks" and have washed them twice in the machine and low dryer....and see no shrinking problems at all. So going to the Shaks seems to be a good alternative. (except they are not on sale of course).

Elk,
    I just checked my Spinnakers and they are a size medium and fit me fine- my hips are 42"- pretty substancial. The large would probably fit me fine too. So I would think the large would be plenty big enough for you (not knowing your actual hip size, but seeing your picture on your bike...)
    Last edited by BleeckerSt_Girl; 12-03-2007 at 07:35 AM.
    Lisa
    My mountain dulcimer network...FOTMD.com...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    My personal blog:My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Dear WoolWeenies,

STP has been rained on by Icebreaker sometime in the past month!
    I just ordered the women's chakra zip and a few men's mondo zips - with the coupon I had they came to ~$31 a piece, and will make great xmas gifts (or maybe one will stay with me... )
    See http://www.sierratradingpost.com/Icebreaker.html

Cheers,
    Katie

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa S.H. View Post

Elk,
    I just checked my Spinnakers and they are a size medium and fit me fine- my hips are 42"- pretty substancial. The large would probably fit me fine too. So I would think the large would be plenty big enough for you (not knowing your actual hip size, but seeing your picture on your bike...)
    hmmm i just went by the size chart on the site..I'm 44"...I hope I don't have to send them back!
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

Terry Spinnakers

Hey...esp Lisa....Spinnaker model....

I got the Spinnaker Knickers today and I don't know if they fit...they slide on way easy, are high in the waist and baggy in the knees. These are the xxl...

They're not loose, but they're not tight...it's like they don't need to stretch to fit..Maybe I should go down a size and compare them...

??

The way you describe them sounds a little big to me. Order the next size and then send back the one that doesn't work.
    "Chisel praise in stone; write criticism in sand."

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY
    Elk- they sound way too big to me- they should stretch on your legs like tights but not feel too tight of course. But .....before you send these XXL back-

Order the Large AND the XL. I really think the Large are going to fit you the best. The Mediums fit me great and you are only 2" bigger around in the hips than me. Plus I suspect you are shorter than me (5'5")

Since you have to send the XXL back anyway, if you order the other two sizes, you can send the TWO pairs that don't fit back in one package.

I strongly feel the XL will be too loose on you as well. These are capri length tights, not pants. Baggy at the knee is going to be extremely annoying. You want snug but not tight.

P.S. the sizing charts always say I should get XXL too, but it's always way too big. I don't depend so much on the sizing charts anymore.
    Last edited by BleeckerSt_Girl; 12-05-2007 at 02:45 PM.
    Lisa
    My mountain dulcimer network...FOTMD.com...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    My personal blog:My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ok...I ordered the L and the Xl...we shall see! Yes, I am shorter...I'm 5' 3.5"

BTW I have worn my new wool stuff every single freakin' day since I got it...good thing I got so much! Changed my life...!!

Ibex Woolies special.......2 tops = 1 free bottom

Just got an e-mail from Ibex a little while ago announcing a week-long special on Woolies. Buy two tops, get a bottom for free.......Ends 12/13........Enjoy!
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." (Will Rogers)

Yay! Ibex sale. I just saw my email from them a little while ago too. Wool=good, more wool=better.
    Everything in moderation, including moderation.

2007 Rodriguez Adventure/B72
    2009 Masi Soulville Mixte/B18
    1997 Trek 820 Step-thru Xtracycle/B17

REI Outlet Deal of the Day

REI Outlet has a Smartwool Brushed wool jacket as their deal of the day!
    -Emily

"If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Quote Originally Posted by KnottedYet View Post
    me too, but dry clean only? Do y'all do that?

Heck no! I don't dry clean anything! Gentle wash in cold water, dry flat or hang.

The nylon mix that Smartwool is made of might help keep it from shrinking, anyway.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

I got a catalog yesterday with this in it. It is on sale plus with code: CH12511, it is an additional 50% off (any one item, not just this).

Quote Originally Posted by sandra View Post
    I got a catalog yesterday with this in it. It is on sale plus with code: CH12511, it is an additional 50% off (any one item, not just this).
    no pockets as usual!! but it IS nice.
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.