Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 5 of 221 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Oh, happy joy! My Ibex Ultimate Guide sweater finally arrived yesterday. I do wish that the Mediums had still been available, the Long is nice and cozy and drapy on me but I'm secretly wishing it will shrink just a tiny little bit.

The feel and weight of it is wonderful, though.

why must you tease?

still waiting for an extra small in pretty blue to come about,
    madscot

the charcoal gray is still there.... in my size. I can't buy it. Don't want it as much as I want other things. Don't need it at all. But it calls to me anyway. In a soft little voice. Temptress...
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Go ahead, splurge. I always wanted one, so tell yourself you are only doing it for a friend. You would be buying a sweater and forcing yourself to wear and enjoy the sweater for a friend.
    Jennifer

“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
    -Mahatma Gandhi

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit."
    -Aristotle

But that sweater costs almost as much as an off-peak airplane ticket to San Francisco. Almost as much as a compact double Campy Veloce crankset. As much as two Campy headsets.

I have lots of wool sweaters and wool jackets, and honestly I'd rather go to SF to get warm than buy another sweater...
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Yes, remember, woolweenies. THere are always sales and second hand sweaters!
    I have a closet full of the stuff. And I love it ALL!
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

merino wool at rei-outlet

REI-outlet has merino wool T-shirts in the men's cycling section for $26.93 and there's a 20% off coupon good from 12/01/06 - 12/08/06. (If you didn't get the coupon by email, PM me). They have smalls and mediums, but looks like they are going fast.

Canari Wool Tech Jersey
    http://www.rei.com/outlet/product/48...SHP_CYCLING_SA

Wool Weenies Unite!
    Oil is good, grease is better.

2007 Peter Mooney w/S&S couplers/Terry Butterfly
    1993 Bridgestone MB-3/Avocet O2 Air 40W
    1980 Columbus Frame with 1970 Campy parts
    1954 Raleigh 3-speed/Brooks B72

Tomorrow Goodwill here is having a half off everything sale. I'm going to scout for wool. Wish me luck.

BTW, often tags are missing with fiber content. Any suggestions as to how to tell if it's wool, short of burning a thread as they would probably object to that.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBelle View Post
    Tomorrow Goodwill here is having a half off everything sale. I'm going to scout for wool. Wish me luck.

BTW, often tags are missing with fiber content. Any suggestions as to how to tell if it's wool, short of burning a thread as they would probably object to that.
    Feeling it generally work for me. You could rub it on your cheek. Or you could wet it and sniff it for the distinctive wet wool smell. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by DebW View Post
    Feeling it generally work for me. You could rub it on your cheek. Or you could wet it and sniff it for the distinctive wet wool smell. Good luck!

I'll go home and wet my wool and sniff it. Then sneak in my little spray bottle tomorrow, or maybe just spit.

OK, it's Friday and I'm silly.

I'll go home and wet my wool and sniff it. Then sneak in my little spray bottle tomorrow, or maybe just spit.

I didn't tell you to spit. I take no responsibility for your actions at Goodwill.

well, when she said "wet it" i thought of something worse!

wet wool smells kind of like a wet dog. KIND of. I'd like to say like a wet sheep but how many of you have hugged a sheep?
    yum.. lanolin.
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA

Or I could just go stick it in the water fountain. I'd have to wash it anyway, so take a little soap with me.

seriously, in my forays into goodwill stores looking for wool, unless i absolutely fall in love with a particular sweater, I just go by the label.

if i really like it, I don't care what it's made of. But by looking for labels you can come up with a lot of nice wool.
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA

If you like wool shirts, spend some time in the men's section. And men's wool trousers make good winter hiking pants. Though it can take some looking to find things small enough for most women.