Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 221 of 221 FirstFirst ... 121171211217218219220221
Results 3,301 to 3,311 of 3311

To disable ads, please log-in.

This sounds like my house, Oak.
    "I'm ordering some _______. Do you think you need anything from _____?"
    This situation tends to spiral quite quickly!
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Quote Originally Posted by OakLeaf View Post

D@mn cap cost me $400.
    LOL! I know that pain!
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Darn..the skhoop website doesn't have overseas shipping options...darn...darn...
    Last edited by crazycanuckoz; 10-26-2013 at 12:23 AM.

Hey there fellow weenies!

I'm posting here to let you all know that I'm going to be putting an awfully large amount of wool up for sale very shortly. I'm keeping *plenty* so I'm not in any danger of losing my weenie status by any stretch of the imagination. It's just that now that I've lost weight - there is just too much lovely wool going unused for our tiny space (and we have zero room for storage).

There will be a ton from the three big brands (Ibex, Icebreaker and Smartwool) to be listed as soon as I take photos. Keep your eyes peeled!
    Last edited by GLC1968; 01-20-2014 at 08:44 AM.

Added a few more items yesterday and there is likely to be more coming as soon as soon as I have time to weed out my drawers (later this week)!

Jolt is offline Dodging the potholes...
    FYI, Ibex is having their winter sale now, if anyone feels the need for any new wool. I don't really need any but am fighting the urge to buy the bright red Shak...it would be good for visibility when biking/running/etc.
    2011 Surly LHT
    1995 Trek 830

Did you all see the Ibex announcement today? They're introducing a new natural fiber called DFF.
    Oil is good, grease is better.

2007 Peter Mooney w/S&S couplers/Terry Butterfly
    1993 Bridgestone MB-3/Avocet O2 Air 40W
    1980 Columbus Frame with 1970 Campy parts
    1954 Raleigh 3-speed/Brooks B72

I DID see that. I especially liked the labels.
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

Not sure if this is the right place for my question, but it's about wool so here goes.

I recently bought these two wool scarves.

http://www.jjill.com/jjillonline/pro...ID=51&sk=A&h=A

They're 100% woven wool and the label says dry clean only. Today I wore the red one, and it turned my white shirt red.

Any ideas for something I can do to make that not happen again? Or should I just return them?

I've never been a scarf person before, but I find that having one around my neck helps me stay warm when my office is cold. So I was really happy to find these colorful wool scarves on sale. But colors bleeding onto my other clothes is not a good thing.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

Return them, or...you could try soaking them in cold water with vinegar to help set the color - then dry stretched out on the floor. I would soak for 30-40 minutes in cold vinegar water and then switch to plain cold water for a good rinse. This is how I block my 100% wool knitted objects (without the vinegar). It's an old way to color-fast wool, and yarn manufacturers will still do this (occasionally they open a bag of yarn at my LYS and it has the lovely vinegar aroma. As long as the water is cold and you are careful how you handle it when wet it will be fine. Don't hang, twist, or stretch it when wet. Scrunch/ball it up in a towel (then step on the rolled up ball) to get the water out and lay out flat.
    Last edited by Catrin; 02-03-2016 at 01:25 AM.

You can also try a soak in cool water and a ColorCatcher sheet. They should be at the supermarket with the laundry stuff, but Amazon has them too. It'll pick up any surplus dye -- red is notorious for running. A sink or a basin of cool water, put the ColorCatcher in and smushel it around a bit, then lay the scarf in the water, pressing it gently down to get the water soaked through. Don't agitate or scrub, but just a little motion. Let it sit for ten minutes or so, then drain the sink and let the excess water run out. Roll up the scarf in a clean towel that you don't mind getting red/pink on. Press on the rolled up towel to soak out the water, then let the scarf dry flat.

ETA: just the way Catrin told you, only without the vinegar. Sorry, Catrin, I somehow managed to miss your post.
    Last edited by ZoneFive; 02-04-2016 at 10:51 AM.