Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 211 of 221 FirstFirst ... 111161201207208209210211212213214215 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,165 of 3311

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hurray! So glad you found something

"I never met a donut I didn't like" - Dave Wiens

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY
    Well, after wearing my Smartwool merino thin soft black baselayer crew tops for several years now, like about 60 days a year each and many washings, they finally have begun to get enough tiny wear holes to relegate them to 'sleeping tops'. I finally broke down and ordered several replacements through TE today, with free shipping. They've proven their worth in my wardrobe over the years.
    Lisa
    My mountain dulcimer network...FOTMD.com...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    My personal blog:My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
    I stopped by a local alpaca farm on Sunday...got a little carried away shopping but they had some great stuff (and they were having a big sale). I got a pair of "Alpaca Extreme" socks, a hat and a really nice sweater that will be great for the winter. I wish I could upload pictures from my phone...the lady at the shop let one of the alpacas in to wander around (there's a door connecting the barn to the shop), and it was hilarious!
    Too funny. Alpacas in Maine, mingling with lobsters? They live in the Andes... Be careful, they are consummate spitters.

Quote Originally Posted by BleeckerSt_Girl View Post
    The Twelve Principles of WoolWeenies:*

1. We admitted we were powerless over wool.

2. Came to believe that wool could restore us to sanity.

3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of wool as we understood it.

4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of our wardrobe.

5. Admitted to WoolWeenies, to ourselves, and to another TE members the exact nature of our wool needs.

6. Were entirely ready to have wool remove all our defects of layering.

7. Humbly asked wool to remove our polyester odor annoyances.

8. Made a list of all wool items we had ripped, and became willing to mend them all.

9. Made direct mends to such wool items wherever possible, except when to do so would fray them further.

10. Continued to take wardobe inventory and when we were running low promptly bought more wool.

11. Sought through websearches and discounts to improve our conscious contact with wool, as we understood it, seeking only knowledge of wool's will for us and the budget to carry that out.

12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of wearing wool, we tried to carry this message to other woolweenies, and to wear wool in all our activities.

*(with apologies and a respectful nod to AA...)
    love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My all time fav "smartwool" source is Marshalls.........but it is once a year and no color choice- don't care for half price on my college kid budget!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jolt is offline Dodging the potholes...
    For anyone else in Maine, Reny's has some "Minus 33" wool baselayers on sale right now as well as Wigwam merino socks buy 3 get 1 free (and the socks are made in the USA to boot). There were also some merino zip-neck sweaters that looked nice but of course, they were out of the small sizes (at least at the store in Wells).
    2011 Surly LHT
    1995 Trek 830

I guess no one is buying/thinking about wool, since it's been so mild out?
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Oh Crankin, no that is NOT true. I sold two paintings over the holiday and decided to splurge; and buy Ibex that was (gasp) NOT on sale. I bought this:

It's a little lighter than I hoped, but it's beautiful. And, btw, it's freezing here today.
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

That's really pretty.
    Yea, I think our "warm" winter is coming to an end. I was going to do a group ride at 10 AM today, but it was still in the 20s. So, I think I am pretty much done with the outdoor riding for about 6-8 weeks.
    I went to go to a step class, wearing my Teko wool socks (just to keep this on wool) and I had the time wrong; the class had started a half hour earlier than I thought. So, I did the elliptical for 30 minutes and now I am going to get fully wooled up and go for a hike.
    Anything to avoid my paperwork.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

you know, I wear wool socks almost all year round! ( for a week or three in the summer I don't)
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

I wear wool socks all the time.

For cycling, in the summertime I wear very thin smartwool crew socks or anklets (which smartwool apparently doesn't make anymore, grrr), and in winter, I generally wear those same thin wool socks under a slightly thicker pair. When I use two layers of wool socks I'll wear my winter biking shoes, which are a bit large for me otherwise, or my Keen sandals.

Off bike I'm almost always wearing some sort of wool socks, mostly smartwool, I have a drawer full

Very nice jacket, Mimi.

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

Since we're on the topic of wool socks...do white wool socks exist? I've seen black, grey, and other assorted colors but never white...or maybe I'm just not looking in the right place. In the summertime, just for kickin' around...I wear lightweight white mini crew socks (cheap ones from Hanes)...but I'd consider wearing wool if I could only find them in white. Anyone know if such a thing exists out there?

Linda
    2012 Seven Axiom SL - Specialized Ruby SL 155

Quote Originally Posted by nscrbug View Post
    Since we're on the topic of wool socks...do white wool socks exist? I've seen black, grey, and other assorted colors but never white...or maybe I'm just not looking in the right place. In the summertime, just for kickin' around...I wear lightweight white mini crew socks (cheap ones from Hanes)...but I'd consider wearing wool if I could only find them in white. Anyone know if such a thing exists out there?

Linda
    No idea. I never wear white socks. I'm sure SOMEONE must make them, though they may be marketed to guys.

I'm wearing a pair of alice + olivia tights/leggings and a wool skirt today. The leggins are "designer" but merino (thanks to TJ Maxx, I would NEVER have paid $150 for them!!). I'm warmer in this 20F weather and snow than I would have been in jeans. Plus I knew if the car got stuck I'd be more likely to get help in a skirt.

"I never met a donut I didn't like" - Dave Wiens

I've never heard of that brand.
    I am wearing the Terry "tunic" dress. It's not merino, but it's some kind of wool blend with lycra that is supposed to be non-itchy. I took it out of the bag and felt it, and put it away to return. It felt itchy. But today, I actually tried it on and it's OK. The arms feel just a bit weird/lightly scratchy, but even the lightest weight Smart Wool does on me, too. The body is fine. This dress is supposed to be one you can wear on a bike, with tights or capris underneath, but I bought it just to wear to work, as it's loose on the bottom and has 3 zippered pockets, which is good for when I work with little kids.
    I think, though, that by the time it got warm enough for me to wear this on a bike, it would be too warm... I don't know what kind of jacket I would wear. Certainly not my yellow wind jacket or my Gore wind stopper. Unless I buy one of those 300.00 urban cycling jackets that look gorgeous but not necessary.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Plain white? I've got some off-white SW socks with pastel trim and some Teko socks that are true white but with bolder trim.

And I wear wool socks year round too. Anything else gives me blisters when I run.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

REI used to have white merino wool "sock liners." Right now it looks like they only have black.

EDIT: here are some white wool sock liners by Smartwool off of Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/SmartWool-Line.../dp/B0000DYND8

Mimi, that sweater is gorgeous. I have lust in my heart.
    Last edited by goldfinch; 01-11-2012 at 11:20 AM.
    Trek Madone 4.7 WSD
    Cannondale Quick4
    1969 Schwinn Collegiate, original owner
    Terry Classic

Richard Feynman: “The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”