Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 132 of 221 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142182 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 3311

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Otcenas View Post
    Well, technically is 31.4% off. (It's a Pi Sale) Right here: http://www.teamestrogen.com/prodPA_84626.html

Of particular interest to Wool Weenies are the Ibex items here:

http://www.teamestrogen.com/ibex/pro...roductAge-desc

and the Smartwool items here:

http://www.teamestrogen.com/smartwoo...roductAge-desc

Enjoy!

Susan
    You enabler you! I'm actually tempted to have another piece of Pi and get some more wool. Yesterday, I got my TE order and the wool piece I purchased is gorgeous.

My new joke ...and what a joke it is....is that I don't care about the stock market....I invested all my money in Ibex...
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

I snagged some merino blend tights for $12. Not bike tights; just regular tights. Not sure how they will work for cycling, but at that price I had to find out.

Pam

I snagged a beautiful WOOl dress coat absolutely free!

Actually, I spent thanksgiving weekend helping my daughter visiting back from college clean out her closet. For me, I found the wool dress coat, a silk suit, and a wonderful evening dress that I can wear on New Years Eve. I really lucked out. She paid me back for all the new Ibex she got to take back to school!!!

While the coat is old, it is a very classical tailored double breasted style that fits me beautifully and it is still in very good condition.

My lightweight smartwools have also been prone to holes, which I have lovingly mended, rendering them slightly off-kilter.

Haven't had the holey problem with them since I started sticking them in lingerie bags for the wash. Even my mends have not torn out. I think they just like the extra attention, or else they are tired of my needle sticks.

Well, the ibex alpstar pants arrived today and they are keepers...........

They fit beautifully, a tad loose in the waist, but since I always have the waist covered with my shak its not a big deal. Overall the fit is slim and trim just like I like, layered over my woolies, and still very comfy to stretch and move in (i.e. ski). I also like how versatile they are, while I can ski in them, I can also wear them as a sporty casual walking around winter pant. That is what clinched the deal, since the only other cold weather pants I have are wool dress pants, and I just wanted one pair of sportier vacation pants. They are clima-wool, so warm and water repellent, but they are relatively thin so I won't overheat indoors in them, and can even wear them in San Antonio, especially in my underheated cold house! I am tempted to wear them tomorrow (lows in the mid 30's) but I already put them in my suitcase so they don't get dirty before my trip.

Thanks Catriona, for suggesting I exchange them! Having the right size made a huge difference. So, I just got my return order boxed up, with free return shipping thanks to their mistake (and Catriona's suggestion to ask for it)!

I also ordered the pretty smartwool hat, scarf, glove, set in the attached pic from REI, on sale at the outlet plus a 20% off coupon (OUTLET25), as well as some smartwool ski socks, also at a great price. So, I am finally set for my trip, at least for clothes. Now, I just have to finish preparing my talks!

But right now, its time for coach troy. I won't commute when its below 40, which its supposed to be tomorrow am.....

p.s. now its tomorrow, and it is so cold here (actual temp 37, with wind chill 30!) that I had to test the alpstars. so far so good. i layered them with woolies, and was comfy in my cold house this morning, in the windy outdoors on the way to work, and in my heated office. just what i was looking for!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	smartwoolsohosetorchid.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	28.8 KB 
ID:	8075  
    Last edited by Triskeliongirl; 12-05-2008 at 06:05 AM.

Jolt is offline Dodging the potholes...
    After seeing your post, I ordered that Smartwool hat/gloves/scarf set as well (I got the black though) since none of the hats and scarves I have really go with my winter jackets anyway. You enabler, you!
    2011 Surly LHT
    1995 Trek 830

I've so far avoided that 20% off coupon. I got a bunch of smartwool fairisle hats in an REI sale in February.

Triskeliongirl, I'm glad the alpstars worked for you.

I ordered this Icebreaker wool skirt in black from SAC earlier this week and I just tried it on this morning. I LOVE it! I really wanted to wear it today, but I'd already showered and I didn't shave...so it'll have to wait for next week. Super cute and yet cozy, too. Mine is a little longer on me because my legs are short.

The one in this pic is a Pinot color that I might have to also get!
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

I got a similar Ibex skirt for half price last summer. I wear it all of the time.
    Thankfully, I realized that I need a small in Ibex bottoms and x smalls in the tops, so no returns necessary.
    Trisk, those Alpstar pants sound very nice.... but I would have to spend a fortune to get them hemmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    Trisk, those Alpstar pants sound very nice.... but I would have to spend a fortune to get them hemmed.
    Actually, you wouldn't. I ended up keeping the 6 over the 4, in part cuz the 4s are so damned short (they fit like petites)! I tried on a 4,6 and 8. In fact, I preferred the length on the 8 but they were way too big, the 6s are a little big in the waist, but the overall fit is the best and they do have room to layer.

But we seem inverted size wise, at least on the woolies bottom I needed an XS but I am a S in their tops. But you are tinier than me so I suspect the 4 alpstar pant would work for you, its the smallest size they make.

Its not always expensive to alter. When I lost my weight I brought my better clothes to a seamstress and she did wonders with them at very reasonable cost. I had a silk halter top dress I loved, and it had 4 darts, so she just took it in there and it looks great now. In fact, I have to stop by there after work to pick up an evening dress I found in my daughter's closet I want to wear on new years eve but had a broken zipper.
    Last edited by Triskeliongirl; 12-05-2008 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    I got a similar Ibex skirt for half price last summer. I wear it all of the time.
    I have that one too...but I've gained too much weight to wear it right now. This Icebreaker one is to hold me over until I can wear the Ibex one again (so I got a different color in the hopes of one day being able to fit into both of them - with alterations)!
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

I tried the icebreaker dress - it was just a little bit too clingy or I'm just a little bit too fat. I haven't tried the skirts because I thought they'd be similar.

I do have a couple of really nice long merino wool skirts that I bought off sierra trading post at some point, but they're more like sweater material and I should remember where I have those stashed.

I have the short Ibex skirt and I wear it over my Ibex capris...I'm a wool layer cake I am...and I have to force myself to wear something else some days!

I just bought the blackberry circle of trees scarf on Ibex and a skimmer hat...I try to buy everything on sale...and you can read that either way..
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY
    Quote Originally Posted by elk View Post
    I have the short Ibex skirt and I wear it over my Ibex capris...I'm a wool layer cake I am...
    Yep, I have that short black Ibex merino "Lena" skirt too- and I wear it layered over any kind of capris or tights.
    Lisa
    Our bikes...OurBikes...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    Ruby's Website and My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^