Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 119 of 221 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129169219 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 3311

To disable ads, please log-in.

I just bought the Ewephoria sleeveless on TE. I really like it. I've never known wool before but I'm now a convert.

I got my 405 Full Zip in red on Monday and I finally got a chance to try it on today. I'm wearing it right now at work and I LOVE it. It's soft and comfy like all my Ibex stuff, but the collar design and the finish makes it looks like a jacket/blazer. Very, very cute! (in fact, I may have to order the blue color, too!!!). The sleeves are a bit long on my short arms (like all Ibex stuff) but the shoulders and body fit nicely. I got a medium and I'd say it fits pretty damn close to the same way my full zip shak fits me. The red color is beautiful - true red...very nice.

Definitely cute and certainly worth the 50% off price point!
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY
    Quote Originally Posted by GLC1968 View Post
    I got my 405 Full Zip in red on Monday and I finally got a chance to try it on today. I'm wearing it right now at work and I LOVE it. It's soft and comfy like all my Ibex stuff, but the collar design and the finish makes it looks like a jacket/blazer. Very, very cute! (in fact, I may have to order the blue color, too!!!). The sleeves are a bit long on my short arms (like all Ibex stuff) but the shoulders and body fit nicely. I got a medium and I'd say it fits pretty damn close to the same way my full zip shak fits me. The red color is beautiful - true red...very nice.

Definitely cute and certainly worth the 50% off price point!
    Yay!
    Just to be accurate- the outlet boasts discounts of "up to" 50%....and the 405 was $150, now $95, so not a 50% discount there, but still a good deal for such a high quality item.

I got the very same 405 in red too, but I got one Large and one Medium....they both fit me- one fits like a loose light jacket and the other fits more like a sleek shirt..... but I still can't decide which one to go with.
    Have to try them on again in a couple of days to be more objective. They are GREAT- not too heavy, not too light...and very handsome.

I often have this problem with Ibex tops- some look better in medium on me, and some in large, so I always have to order both sizes.
    Lisa
    My mountain dulcimer network...FOTMD.com...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    My personal blog:My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Oh, I should point out that I did get mine for 50% off at backcountryoutlet.com. BUT, it's also not on that big of a sale there anymore, either. It's now back to $97...so it's again cheaper at Ibex. (in case anyone is currently shopping!)

Lisa - I know your sizing pain! I was that way with Ibex smalls and mediums before I gained all my current weight. Now it's easy, I'm always medium! How's that for a twisted 'silver lining'?!

Quote Originally Posted by GLC1968 View Post
    Oh, I should point out that I did get mine for 50% off at backcountryoutlet.com. BUT, it's also not on that big of a sale there anymore, either. It's now back to $97...so it's again cheaper at Ibex. (in case anyone is currently shopping!)

Lisa - I know your sizing pain! I was that way with Ibex smalls and mediums before I gained all my current weight. Now it's easy, I'm always medium! How's that for a twisted 'silver lining'?!
    So I either need to gain 7 pounds or lose 7 pounds.
    Hmmmm........which is easier?
    Lisa

Backcountry.com has a 50% off coupon that is good throut 7/31. So you can still get the Ibex 405 for half price..

Jolt is offline Dodging the potholes...
    Got my Ibex order yesterday (Neela skirt and Ribbies tank)--nice stuff, especially the skirt. And the small was definitely the right size. The only problem is that the tank is a bit lower cut than I like so I need to shorten the straps a bit to fix that (not too crazy about everybody being able to see down the cleavage if I bend over)...
    2011 Surly LHT
    1995 Trek 830

Quote Originally Posted by Natasha View Post
    Backcountry.com has a 50% off coupon that is good throut 7/31. So you can still get the Ibex 405 for half price..
    You are totally correct! I forgot that you have to put the item into your cart to see the 50% off prices. The sale is definitely still on (as evidenced by my recent purchase for another 405 and a norgie crew! ) Free shipping if you spend more than $50, too. And they ship quickly....not TE quickly...but still better than most places.

I also got the 405 at backcountry outlet and went with the tan large to use as a jacket. I LOVE IT! I'm also in the "short arm brigade" so I will have to shorten the sleeves but that's the price you pay.

I did not like the boucle jacket though. No pockets and it was kind of scratchie feeling. It's going back.

I scored on the Kara sweater! I love it as well. It was only left in black and I would have prefered the chocolate but that's ok.

I also got a pair of guys Ibex boxer undies to wear as pj bottoms from SAC and for a whopping $16 they are awesome I must stop shopping until I get unpacked from all my moving this summer.
    Dar

Did you order your regular size in the Ibex 405, or go up one size?

Quote Originally Posted by Natasha View Post
    Did you order your regular size in the Ibex 405, or go up one size?
    I ordered my regular Ibex size and it fits just right. I'd say it runs pretty close in sizing to both the Pingo jacket and the full zip Shak if you have either of those. It stretches a little too (which is good for my shoulders).

? about wool in humid VA summer

I have been reading comments about wool jerseys and I have a couple of questions. I should mention I only wear wool socks and sweaters (also wool undershirts beneath my sweaters in the winter) and live in Roanoke, VA. While our winters are somewhat mild (25+ degrees F), our summers are awfully HOT and HUMID, especially in Roanoke, between two "mountains". I won't insult anyone from out west where you are surrounded by monster mtns.
    1. How hot is the wool jersey in summer? I understand it is wicking and that is great, but wool can be hot. Give me your opinions please.
    2. I read in a previous post that merino does not hold odors....please tell me this is true because it would be a dream! Both hubby and I are sweaty folks and no amount of washing/antiperspirent/deodorant will change that. His jerseys are the worst and we wash as soon as we can but usually the day or day after we ride. I am a newbie rider though so my stuff still has not had time to stink up the place.

Did anyone else get that notice from Ibex that seems to say they will be eliminating their 'outlet' section soon? Am i misinterpreting that?
    Yikes, how awful that would be! I don't think they realize how that sale section spurs hesitant people to buy and then add other non-sale items to their order as well.
    Lisa

Mistie
    even though i am a wool weanie, i tend to not wear wool when it's going to be above 75 degrees because the wool feels heavier than lycra (or whatever our jerseys are made of) and hotter.
    Wool is better for cool, damp, cold weather. Which of course we have a lot of out here in the Pacific NW 12 months out of the year!

oh, and welcome to TE.
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

I'm wearing a very lightweight merino longsleeve top occasionally to sleep in on cooler nights, and sometimes if I'm outside in the late afternoon/evening I'll put on a light merino top as well. Plus, I still wear light wool socks for biking and fitness walking and roller skating- prevents friction sore spots on your feet like nothing else.

Other than that, not wearing my wool in July/August here in NY.
    Lisa